• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room Charges

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
When 2 families are staying in the same 2 bedroom villa, how are the room charges split up? Do they all go on the lead persons credit card? Do you have to go to the front desk to have them create two accounts? TIA

If the charging is going to go to Magic Bands the 2nd family can go to the front desk and make sure their credit card on the Magic band is used. Otherwise I have found it always goes to the lead on the reservation, whether everyone has their own credit card linked to the magic band.

I know technically you're supposed to be able to do this, but I've had bad experiences with it in the past so I don't bother anymore. We either have the second family just bring their own credit cards and gift cards, or let everyone charge against the one room account and keep track of things in an IOU app, then they pay us back at the end of the trip.

I've never had issues with everyone re-linking their magic bands to their own CC accounts at the front desk.

I am always the lead on the reservation and my husband goes to the check-in desk upon arrival to have his credit card added to his magic band. The only time we’ve had an issue is once when we did a split stay. After the 11 PM check out we were transferring to AKL. We spent the day in the parks and he bought multiple things on his magic band but it reverted back to my cc. No big deal for us just something to keep in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter