Room block info on Save the Date

AnnaS

DIS Veteran
My dd is handling all of this of course. I think I know the answer but wondering in the meantime, I am assuming one puts the Room Block and Ticket discount link on the Save the Dates? I can't imagine waiting for the invite for people to book......

Any sample wording??Ideas/

TIA

My dd is handling all of this of course. I think I know the answer but wondering in the meantime, I am assuming one puts the Room Block and Ticket discount link on the Save the Dates? I can't imagine waiting for the invite for people to book......

Any sample wording??Ideas/

TIA
I didn't. The only thing on my save the dates was the date to save. I texted people a link to the site for the roomblock when they reached out to me about booking. We included the room block information on our formal invitations that I sent out three months before the wedding. Only close family booked far out, everyone else booked right before the deadline for the room block. Most of my guests hadn't been to Disney before and didn't understand that rooms there book up far in advance.

I feel adding on the invite was cutting it close to the drop off room time, etc. All of our side (bride) booked (DVC). I think I would like to add the link to room block/ticket to the Save The Dates.

Thank you!!!!

When we had our Disney Wedding, Disney was still sending Save the Dates for couples, and they included room block and ticket discount info.

I did both... on save the dates, website and text people because lets be honest everyone needs a reminder (or 3)

As someone recently invited to a Disney wedding, I'd include that Disney rooms book up to a year in advance on the save the date along with what specific days you have rooms blocked for. It may seem odd, but a Disney Wedding is a very different experience than a regular wedding. With only the day or two surrounding the wedding blocked (at least at the wedding I was invited to), anyone that wants to stay for more than just the wedding itself will have a really hard time finding a room available for their full stay. I am the only guest other than the bride/groom that has a fair bit of Disney experience and knew that I needed to book way out, but even 5 months out (when I got the save the date) I wasn't able to get a room at two of the three options, and ended up picking a non-blocked room because my only option left was GF at over 500 a night even with the discount. I'm good friends with the groom's sister, and let her know to book her room asap if she wanted anything and she also ended up having to go for a non-blocked room at another resort because there was no availability at the GF when she looked two days later. I am just imagining a lot of frustration from the guests that book in the few weeks before the wedding being unable to find an on property room.

The wedding will be during a busy time of the year - we will add it to the Save the Dates and maybe have my dd send a reminder/text too.

Just trying to think of a short wording to have them block ASAP - or the earlier the better :)

Thank you again.

We created a site using TheKnot.com for our wedding info. On the save the date we included the link to the website with all of the detail.

As someone recently invited to a Disney wedding, I'd include that Disney rooms book up to a year in advance on the save the date along with what specific days you have rooms blocked for. It may seem odd, but a Disney Wedding is a very different experience than a regular wedding. With only the day or two surrounding the wedding blocked (at least at the wedding I was invited to), anyone that wants to stay for more than just the wedding itself will have a really hard time finding a room available for their full stay. I am the only guest other than the bride/groom that has a fair bit of Disney experience and knew that I needed to book way out, but even 5 months out (when I got the save the date) I wasn't able to get a room at two of the three options, and ended up picking a non-blocked room because my only option left was GF at over 500 a night even with the discount. I'm good friends with the groom's sister, and let her know to book her room asap if she wanted anything and she also ended up having to go for a non-blocked room at another resort because there was no availability at the GF when she looked two days later. I am just imagining a lot of frustration from the guests that book in the few weeks before the wedding being unable to find an on property room.

Hmm my daughter has a Disney wedding last yearnand her wedding block included the week before and after the wedding as options at the block price. She had a lot of people do full vacations around the wedding date. It might be what the bride chooses to include in her block though.

My daughter had it on her save the date. It was as an email and worked great with the links. The invitations are traditional invitations. Most people have booked rooms before receiving invitations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter