Room 2021

Mom2Eli

Earning My Ears
Hi all
I booked a Cat 12 gty cabin on the Wonder. I am a really laid back person, pretty easy going and love a good deal. Or at least I thought so, got my room assignment 2021 and in doing my research every review says noise is a problem. I wrote Disney Cruise guest services calling this to their attention and did actually get a call back saying they would look into things and get back to me, it has been 2 weeks and no return call. How long do I wait? Do I pay for an upgrade just to avoid noise issues? I have cruised many times before on other lines, always book gaurentee and have never had a problem - even been by elevators and slept like a baby...

I should add the reason this room seems to have a noise issue because it is next to the service elevators. Anyone ever been in this room?

I have never stayed in this room, but just read what you did.

Booking a GTY is tricky. They don't have to change your room, but I hope they do.

If this is an issue for you, I would look into upgrading (if possible), so you can have the piece of mind.

Hi Eli's Mom,

I find myself in the same situation? Whatever happened. Did you stay in cabin 2021 or did you get another cabin. Any advice on how to handle would be appreciated. Like you I am laid back. I am a bit worried that my little guy will not be able to sleep well with a bunch of noise.

Thank you.

It wound up to be a little bit noisy but nothing that I couldn't live with. It was a fun cruise. I am excited to be traveling on the wonder in a cat 9 on my next cruise. Looking forward to the view.

We were in 2021 in the 2007 member cruise. Ir was awful, but I am a light sleeper. The noise did not bother my DH. It was a lot of loud banging noises.

We had no problems in 2021 on the Wonder, it was a while ago (2004) but we had no complants.

Mel
x

I find that noise issues are VERY subjective. And the ppl who are most sensitive are more apt to comment than those who are not. I'd say that you need to ask yourself if this has been a problem that you have had frequently in the past. If so, you're probably going to notice the noise. If not, than I doubt that you are going to have a problem.

I've learned to take room/stateroom reports for hotels/cruise lines with a grain of salt. But then again, major problems have been a rarity for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter