Room 2016 / 15/01/05 / Excursions??

Houzer

<font color=teal>Hi, I'm from a little village<br>
:Pinkbounc Hello everyone! This is our families first cruise and we are so excited about this. We are booked in Room 2016 on January 15, 2005. We fly in from Ontario on the 15 and then hurry over to the Port by shuttle. My question is has anyone had this room before and how is the noise. My second question is has anyone cruised in January and what is the weather like? We'd like it to be warm enough for shorts but we don't know, there is such a difference in the high and low range for temps. I guess anything is better then -20 LOL!
I was also wondering if anyone has any ideas for excursion for the Western Cruise...we are starting to really think about this so it will all be payed for before the cruise. Thanks for all your help.

(We are traveling with 2 DB 12 and 6.)Thanks Houzer:Pinkbounc
:wave2: :moped::wave:

:thewave: :thewave:

We cruised last January and will be going again in January 2005. The weather varied, but as you said, it was much warmer than home and a welcome getaway. Here's my summary:

Key West - warm, even when it rained - glass bottom boat tour (wouldn't do again)
Grand Cayman - Hot - submarine excursion (most awesome experience of my life, so cool)
Cozumel - very warm - dolphin encounter (excellent)
Castaway Cay - cool, about 75, windy - DD wasn't feeling well so went back to the ship. Had the pool area to myself. The stacks blocked the wind so it was very pleasant. DD felt better and hit the arcade. Had it all to herself as well. Planned on snorkling, too cool for me, but lots of other people did it.

The dining rooms were cool in the evenings. I won't wear a sleeveless on formal night again. It was cooler inside the ship than outside. I tend to be cold when others are warm. DH was very comfortable the entire trip. Just remember to pack something warm to wear home. Take the shorts and don't forget the sunblock. :sunny:

Hello Houzer- We'll be on that cruise too. Myself, my wife and daughter (12) and son (10). We did the Royal Swim w/ dolphins in Cozumel and Stingray swim and snorkle in Grand Cayman. I'd recommend both. Spending the 1st part of the day at Chankanaab Park is very relaxing too, thats where the dolphin excursions are held. You can spend the day there and not do the dolphin excursions. They have a snorkling area, a swiming area that is for younger child (quiet cove) sea lion show, sunbathing beach, beach side restaurant, bar, hair braiding station...Mark

We went in January this year. Weather was beautiful you will love it. We swam each day, whether on board or in port. It was great. we came from the cold like you and loved every second of it. We did the Eastern though. Grand Cayman everyone says you have to do Stingray City, but book your own through Capt. Marvin. He is supposed to be great. When we go in January 2006 on the Western we are going to do the Dune Buggy tour in Cozumel at cozumelhomes.com. Those look like so much fun. Drive your own dune buggy, snorkel, beach, lunch and ruins all included. Key West has jet ski tours islandwatersports.us that look interesting. Just some thoughts for you, but you will love the weather and even more because you are not in Canada in the cold. Have a great trip.

We were actually right next door on a May cruise in cabin 2014. I hope you love the room as much as we did. We heard NO noise at all except when docking into CC.
Enjoy your trip.

Last February we did :

- Stingray with Captain Marvins. We loved it. You can book by their website.

- Dolphins swim in Cozumel. We have to do it. It is fantastic. However you must book a long time in advance and pay for it at the time of the booking. It is a must.

We've cruised in January before. Weather wise it has been my favorite so far. The temps were in the low to mid 80's F and the humidity in a very comfortable range. To compare to our August cruise where the temp's were in the mid 90's but the humidity was a killer. If we weren't in the pool, we weren't outside - it was way to hot for us out there.

:bounce: Thanks to everyone for all your great advice! See you on the cruise! Houzer:Pinkbounc :wave2: ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter