Romantic 'Secret' Spots at DL

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
I'm sweeping my DH away for four days in April. We are staying at the Grand Californian, concierge level. He is not the DisneyaHolic that I am, so I want to make this trip truly memorable. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. :eek:

Here are my romantic suggestions:

Disneyland

Blue Bayou Restaurant
Snow White Wishing Well (night)
Pirates of the Carribean (late enough you may get your own boat)
Peter Pan
The alcoves in New Orlean Square
Tarzans Treehouse (night)
Fantasmic Dessert Buffet
Splash Mountain (I know this does not sound romantic but you sit one in front of another and you can snuggle up tight)
Movie Cinema on Main Street
Fireworks
Any dark ride ;)

DCA

Sunwheel (Night)
Avalon Cove (I have not tried it but hear great things)
The redwood log in Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
Disney Animation Building

Disney Resorts
Waterfalls at Disneyland Hotel
Grand Californian Lobby in front of the fireplace
in the rocking chairs
Napa Rose

That is it for now - I will keep on thinking

;)

logo.gif

Tink hit most of the good ones:

Here are a couple more, sorry if there's duplicates:

Take a lunch or at least some fritters and a mint julep across to Tom Sawyers Island just before dusk and sit at the tables on the far side of the island. You'll most likely be all alone.

Avalon Cove- request to sit in the round gazebo area closest to the roller coaster - so beauitful all lit up at night.

Napa Rose - ask to sit outside by one of the two outdoor fire pits - soooo romantic!

Blue Bayou - but it is closed for refurb right now

Grand Californian - the Concierge lounge for watching fireworks, or your own balcony for fireworks depending on your view

Afternoon - wine tasting in DCA or
Evening- Dinner upstairs on the beautiful utdoor covered patio at Robert Mondavi

Casey Jr. Train in Fantasyland late at night- lock yourselves in Monkey Cage and ???

Ask to sit up front in the monorail for the longer ride - leaving from DTD and going to Fantasyland

Dance! At the newly redone dance plaza to the left of the castle.

Almost everything gets more romantic at night : jungle cruise, big thunder mountain, if pirates is not crowded ask for your own boat.

Stay late til closing and stroll around main street once the crowds have cleared out - the castle looks beautiful and you can share an ice cream on main street.

Have a great time!

Susy

I agree that almost anywhere is romantic at DL once it is dark.

Try walking the Sleeping Beauty Diorama in the late evening ;)

There is also the back trail that leads from Fantasyland to Big Thunder Mountain.

stpat2.gif

Join us at the
Boise DIS meet
on Saint Paddy's day !
E-mail me for more info...

I found it very romantic every time we rode it. The sunwheel scared me a little bit - the swinging gondolas anyway. But it is romantic - although you aren't guaranteed to be alone....
have a wonderful time.

cuter - 39, works for and with abused children; DH 46 - school police detective.
WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND! 3-11-01 to 3-15-01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter