• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RoL, Fantasmic and DAS?

Zhaan

Mouseketeer
Since they did away with the actual DAS card and put everything on MDE and the magic band, how does DAS work for Fantasmic? Do you go to the FP+ area and get a return time? Our situation is not a wheelchair so that is not an issue, it's the standing and sitting a long time prior to the show.

I'm curious about how it's handled at Fantasmic assuming they will handle it similarly for RoL.

Thank you!

It works the same - you can either use one of your Fastpass Plus selections for it or get a DAS Return Time. Ask at the entrance or Fastpass Entrance.
You will not be standing in line, but be aware that you will be entering well before the show, so you will be sitting for that time plus the about 30 minute length of the show.
Before it begins, you would be able to stand up periodically in your seat area.

It works the same - you can either use one of your Fastpass Plus selections for it or get a DAS Return Time. Ask at the entrance or Fastpass Entrance.
You will not be standing in line, but be aware that you will be entering well before the show, so you will be sitting for that time plus the about 30 minute length of the show.
Before it begins, you would be able to stand up periodically in your seat area.

So to confirm...DAS can be used for fantastic and ROL? I've read conflicting reports on this in the past pertaining to fantastic only at that time.

So to confirm...DAS can be used for fantastic and ROL? I've read conflicting reports on this in the past pertaining to fantastic only at that time.

RoL only opened very recently, so I haven't ready any reports in the past week or so about trying to use DAS. It's been assumed that RoL would work similar to Fantasmic with regards to DAS -- and yes, you can use DAS for Fantasmic. As noted upthread, you will still need to arrive early to get good seats, but you can stand/sit while waiting (and possibly walk if someone can save your seats). Also, keep in mind that you may only have 1 active DAS return time, so if you get it for an evening show that could tie up your DAS for quite some time.

Enjoy your vacation!

RoL only opened very recently, so I haven't ready any reports in the past week or so about trying to use DAS. It's been assumed that RoL would work similar to Fantasmic with regards to DAS -- and yes, you can use DAS for Fantasmic. As noted upthread, you will still need to arrive early to get good seats, but you can stand/sit while waiting (and possibly walk if someone can save your seats). Also, keep in mind that you may only have 1 active DAS return time, so if you get it for an evening show that could tie up your DAS for quite some time.

Enjoy your vacation!

Ok, Thanks.

Getting "good seats" is less important to us than being able to know we will get seats without having to wait / stand for a long period

I am going down tomorrow ( well in 9 minutes it will be today) and I am hoping to get a DAS return time to see ROL on Tuesday will let you know what happens

Understandable.

So this is kinda disappointing. Wonder why fantasmic accommodates das and not rol??

The theater for Fantasmic is a lot larger. Fantasmic has been around for a long time, and currently shows nightly. ROL is brand new, the theater is small, and the show is not every night yet. If I'm remembering correctly, there was a time when the DAS was not honored at Fantasmic, or at least it was sporadic whether the CMs would give a return time for it or not.

I went about an hour ago for ROL and was told no

Just to be clear, you had an active DAS in place and it wasn't honored for RoL seating?

Did you request to speak to a supervisor to double-check/ask 'why'?

Just to be clear, you had an active DAS in place and it wasn't honored for RoL seating?

Did you request to speak to a supervisor to double-check/ask 'why'?
I asked if I could get a DAS return time and was told no. Is this what you meant

I asked if I could get a DAS return time and was told no. Is this what you meant

Yes, did you ask to speak to a supervisor (jik the CMs weren't trained properly in this manner)?

I'd had thought you could possibly just line up in FP line and enter with DAS, especially if you didn't require a WC space.

A maniger was about a foot from where the CM I was talking too

The CM was very nice and told me where I could see the show standing but this would not work for me. You can not enter a FP line with out a FP having a DAS will not help as they are on the bands/cards so the CM scanning them will have no way to tell if you have a DAS or not

For the time being if you want to see ROL FP dinner reservation with a set it stand by is the only way

thank you for this info. We currently have a dining package for ROL and Fastpass+ for Fantasmic. We are hoping to get DAS and use that for Toy Story Mania since we can only fast pass one or the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter