ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts?
I have a resale contract offer just sent to Disney for 200 points at BLT for 139/pt. Given some of the things I’ve recently read about a lot of similar offers being taken I’m wondering if I should cancel the contract and redo at 141 or 142/pt?
If you really want the contract, it’s early enough in the process that I would change it. In the long run, the additional $400-$600 would be worth it for me, unless you’re willing to just make offer after offer to save a few hundred dollars, knowing you’re in the ROFR zone. Everyone says they can’t take every contract. True, but that doesn’t mean Disney can’t take yours either.

My guess is that your experience with First American Title Co will be like mine ~ it took 7 WEEKS after I passed ROFR before I received my closing documents :mad: This was a couple of years ago so Covid wasn't an excuse :confused3
I had four contracts with First American this summer, and I received the closing docs for all of them within days of closing.

Hi - Just an quick question to all of you scoring good deals on these contracts: Are you finding/buying these good priced contracts with your same use year, or are you just buying different use years ending up with Multiple Use Years ?

Hi - Just an quick question to all of you scoring good deals on these contracts: Are you finding/buying these good priced contracts with your same use year, or are you just buying different use years ending up with Multiple Use Years ?
Just my two cents worth here, but I don’t think many of the particularly low priced contracts brought up here are a representative sample of the average selling prices at any of these DVC resorts. Many folks have mentioned that they have bought multiple use years because of the better deals, which makes the process easier. My use year is March, which is not one of the more common ones, and it’s one I always stick with, but every time I’ve attempted a lowball offer it’s been summarily rejected and I’ve wound up raising the offer to a fair deal rather than a steal. I think the strategy of making lowball offer after lowball offer, and continuing to do it for months even if you get ROFRed, does ultimately work, but it takes a lot of time plus a lot of effort.

This board is a fantastic resource, but I think one side effect is that it makes a lot of new buyers think they overpaid. No matter what the variations in price are, pretty much all the resale contracts are great deals.

I bought 2 use year .

2 use years, not knowing which contract(s) would get taken in rofr, so I optimized for best deal, over UY. Now that I’ve had a few get through rofr, I will stay with my main use year, and probably sell off the one outlier (or just rent out the points).

Just be sure you understand what two UYs mean. It is two memberships so it is like you are two different owners,

It can work but combining for a single reservation requires a transfer.

I had 3 at one time...down to 2..but it was to get a great deal a few years back on SSR.

However, both of mine have enough points that I use for different times of the year and don’t combine.

First- it depends what you mean by a lowball offer. I had one contract that I was ready to bid full price on, but someone beat me to it (OKW Extended contract). I've had one where I bid well below the asking price where the agent even agreed with me that it was priced much too high. Otherwise, I have always bid something below the asking price and tried to negotiate some. I never go in thinking I'm going to "lowball" but I do bid a little lower than what I'm willing to pay so there's room to meet in the middle.

I do not intent on having multiple use years. So if my current contract makes it through ROFR, I'm only looking at smaller contracts within my use year from here forward. This is especially true for me because the add-ons I would be looking at are smaller point contracts and I don't want to be losing points because I can't make the two contracts/use years work together properly.

If you have 2 different use years at 2 different resorts can you transfer points between them? (at 6 months out from the trip not over 11 months)

I don't think I scored a good deal, but I bid lower than the asking price. My focus was on the points and location rather than use year for this one, rather than UY. Having two memberships will be fine for my needs.

First- it depends what you mean by a lowball offer. I had one contract that I was ready to bid full price on, but someone beat me to it (OKW Extended contract). I've had one where I bid well below the asking price where the agent even agreed with me that it was priced much too high. Otherwise, I have always bid something below the asking price and tried to negotiate some. I never go in thinking I'm going to "lowball" but I do bid a little lower than what I'm willing to pay so there's room to meet in the middle.

I do not intent on having multiple use years. So if my current contract makes it through ROFR, I'm only looking at smaller contracts within my use year from here forward. This is especially true for me because the add-ons I would be looking at are smaller point contracts and I don't want to be losing points because I can't make the two contracts/use years work together properly.
I agree with you on all fronts. When I find a contract I want, I also bid lower than what I want to pay, but not so low that it’s going to alienate the seller. The times I’ve bid substantially lower it’s never worked out and just annoys everyone. Maybe it would be different if I had unlimited time and patience, but I usually want the points and don’t want to walk away from the contract, or make multiple offers hoping to find a buyer who’s either desperate or uninformed enough to sell well below market price. I’d also never buy another UY. Transferring sounds like a huge pain, and I’d rather have the option sometime in the next 40 years to combine points from multiple contracts.

Some in your range for AKV have passed recently so it's certainly possible. If you haven't visited this site it's fun:
https://www.dvcstats.com/#/resale-costs
Pulling for you! The fact that it's stripped of 2020 points will help too. Pixie Dust Sent!
I passed at $100 per pt for 100 pts. It was stripped of 2020, but March 2021 was good enough for me at that price. You'll get it! You have to!

I did. I had OKW March then a too good AKV came up for Oct. I am a newbie, so I didn't quite care. Never used or had DVC before. Both memberships are in my account, and it is very easy to view. I already have the pts for AKV saved for my son's honeymoon. I don't see an issue with it. Happy to save 86 dollars a point! SO grateful. I did, though, overpay slightly for OKW, but smaller contracts do cost more. 107 for a 70 pt and then I went crazy and got another 70 same use year for 110 a point. I know, but darn, it was there. LOL. I'm broke now, so all is safe.

jamie3631(seller)---$145-$7793-50-BWV-Oct-0/19, 5/20, 50/21, 50/22- sent 11/9, passed 11/16

jamie3631(seller)---$150-$10290-65-BWV-Oct-41/19, 65/20, 65/21, 65/22- sent 11/12, buyer backed out on 11/22 due to husband being diagnosed with cancer
Oh how sad for them, they have our well wishes. What happens when a buyer backs out? Do they lose their deposit?

Oh how sad for them, they have our well wishes. What happens when a buyer backs out? Do they lose their deposit?

I know I feel terrible for them. Disney waived ROFR on that one as well, for everyone's FYI, it just came through today. I believe they will get their deposit back if they backed out within 10 days. I know there is a 10 day rescission period in Florida.

Dang August use year was pretty thin inventory... We paid a bit more than we expected too, but it is the unicorn we wanted. Crossing fingers on ROFR - this will perfect our plans if all goes well.

MrWonderful---$148.5-$16040-100-BLT-Aug-0/19, 0/20, 166/21, 100/22-Seller pays MF 20'- sent 11/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter