ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone's different, but I'm not sure I would deal with an international seller again. First of all, it extends the time. The seller took over a week to sign the initial paperwork for RoFR, and now I am waiting three weeks on Monday and they still haven't sent back the closing docs.
I thought about this post again today given my current experience.

I waited (anxiously) exactly 3 weeks for closing docs before contacting the broker, then received them that day.

Sent my closing docs registered mail and they arrived in the US 3 days after sending. They were signed for by the recipient a week ago. Just received a call asking whether or not they were sent yet by the broker.

Personally I don't mind it's a little slower because I don't need the points ASAP and I was prepared it would be after reading other experiences, but after reading your post I can't help but wonder how much of the blame I'm taking for this being so slow? lol.

Is it awful that part of me is like "well, what do I do now?" now that I'm not stalking the broker sites for the next contract? (I actually have a PILE of things to do, so it's not as if I cannot keep myself busy, but it feels super weird to be "done" in looking for contracts for a while!)

Is it awful that part of me is like "well, what do I do now?" now that I'm not stalking the broker sites for the next contract? (I actually have a PILE of things to do, so it's not as if I cannot keep myself busy, but it feels super weird to be "done" in looking for contracts for a while!)
This is how I feel too, you almost want Disney to take contracts by ROFR so you can start the buzz and adrenaline rush again.

Although planning trips and watching DVC shows is keeping my addiction in check at the minute.

I completely understand this sentiment. Even when I’m not looking for myself I’ve been looking for a friend! It’s so addicting!!!

No. I keep watching things and want to get back in the game again but I don’t need it yet since my BLT was fully loaded.

But, I just want to say I bought more! Lol

I thought I was DONE back in March, and I'm grateful for my add-on at SSR, but then I saw the cutest little BCV contract, and it started calling to me. :)
I didn't even have BCV on my radar (had been considering BWV), but an impetuous bid led to a reasonable counter offer, and now I'm sitting on day 11 of waiting for ROFR! :earboy2:
Is there any cure for this sickness we call Addonitis ??:goodvibes

Last edited:
I thought I was DONE back in March, and I'm grateful for my add-on at SSR, but then I saw the cutest little BCV contract, and it started calling to me. :)
I didn't even have BCV on my radar (had been considering BWV), but an impetuous bid led to a reasonable counter offer, and now I'm sitting on day 11 of waiting for ROFR! :earboy2:
Is there any cure for this sickness we call Addonitis ??:goodvibes

I did the exact same thing but I didn’t even ask to negotiate. I have been waiting for a small BCV contract with my use year and passed one up a few weeks back.But I feel like I am finally okay with my 3 home resorts hahaha

I thought about this post again today given my current experience.

I waited (anxiously) exactly 3 weeks for closing docs before contacting the broker, then received them that day.

Sent my closing docs registered mail and they arrived in the US 3 days after sending. They were signed for by the recipient a week ago. Just received a call asking whether or not they were sent yet by the broker.

Personally I don't mind it's a little slower because I don't need the points ASAP and I was prepared it would be after reading other experiences, but after reading your post I can't help but wonder how much of the blame I'm taking for this being so slow? lol.
That could very well be, and I certainly apologize if my comments offended. It was not my intent to lay blame, and I should acknowledge here that you are correct, there may be a myriad of reasons for an extended transaction time, and those may be completely outside a participant's control.
My main reason for posting was ultimately the FIRPTA concern, and because I was surprised as a Buyer by exactly what it entailed when signing the closing paperwork, I thought it might be helpful to other buyers to understand the process.
To be fair, I should have also considered my international seller's perspective as well, as these boards are for all Disney lovers, both domestic and international, both Buyers and Sellers. I will make sure to do that in the future before posting. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and congratulations on your new purchase! I hope everything goes fabulous for you! XO

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter