ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s even the appeal right now of buying a contract that you wont’ be able to use until 2025? There’s so much else on the market.
Yeah, I hear ya. I misread the dates and thought only '23 points were missing. I'm currently somewhat looking for a Feb contract w/o '23 points since I can't use them and didn't want the hassle of renting them out and was figuring on offering $10 less pp than what I thought was a reasonable number for a contract that had '23 points. Waiting 'till '25 is just too long.

Yeah, I hear ya. I misread the dates and thought only '23 points were missing. I'm currently somewhat looking for a Feb contract w/o '23 points since I can't use them and didn't want the hassle of renting them out and was figuring on offering $10 less pp than what I thought was a reasonable number for a contract that had '23 points. Waiting 'till '25 is just too long.
Since I have enough points for 2023 and 2024 I would consider it. It would have to be the right resort and a discounted price.

A contract at Riviera or BLT at $100 a point but no points until 2025 would interest me and a lot of other people

Starting to feel like I overpaid for my AKV contract :(
I paid 118 per point 1
Remind me, you were right in front of me and also through fidelity/first American? I reached out to first American on Friday and they said they had the sellers electronic docs back signed but we’re waiting on the notarized package to show up. Hoping it gets to them this week.
I was fidelity and mason

I actually think the opposite will happen at Poly. If Poly2 is under the same association, the existing Poly value will increase. If separate association, then the opposite
Same. We’re buying now because of it. Partly reading the tea leaves, thinking/hoping Poly2 will be in the same association.

I've been following this thread for a long time and I've been considering resale for a while. My question is about some of the contracts I see that start off in November and they are still not closed, for example.

Is that typical? I know it all depends on a number of things, but it seems awfully long!

I've been following this thread for a long time and I've been considering resale for a while. My question is about some of the contracts I see that start off in November and they are still not closed, for example.

Is that typical? I know it all depends on a number of things, but it seems awfully long!
People might not come back to update. We offered on our first contract on 12/24/22 and closed 1/26/23. We’re just waiting on Disney to give us an account at this point.

On each resale contract there is a date a contract must close by. Typically the closing date is 2-3 months out from when the offer is accepted and both buyer and seller sign the sale agreement. When Disney decides to add the account and do all of that is another story but usually another couple weeks - month. All in all you're probably looking at 3 months and change for a resale contract to go through.

Jwalker1988---$105-$18900-175-SSR-Aug-175/21, 175/22, 175/23, 175/24- sent 1/12, passed 1/26

So, I'm a little confused by this one. Wouldn't the 175 points from Aug-2021 already be gone? They would have expired last year. Or are they just writing this oddly and they were banked so it is really supposed to be: "0/21, 350/22, 175/23, 175/24"?

So, I'm a little confused by this one. Wouldn't the 175 points from Aug-2021 already be gone? They would have expired last year. Or are they just writing this oddly and they were banked so it is really supposed to be: "0/21, 350/22, 175/23, 175/24"?

I assume its the latter - not sure why they wrote it like that. You are correct - those Aug 21 points would be long gone if not banked so they are either expiring July 31, 2023 or something else is off.

I am also not sure that total cost is accurate. They must not have paid any maintenance fees if it is.

This is crazy - I wonder if there is more to this / another shoe to drop here over the next 4/6 months...
Like what? Think they cancel some projects? They’ve over saturated the DVC supply?

Also, the response times on some of these being reported are crazy quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter