ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does that work?
DVC can buy back any contract and resell it. Before they had to keep the use year the same. They changed how it had to remain the same and can now change it to any use year they decide. So if you want to buy direct June use year, they can buy back any use year and change it to June when they sell it to you.

That's hysterical!! What I meant was...we first stayed at VWL 15 years ago and have wanted to purchase points there since but we had kid's college to think of...and mine. Last one graduated in December so this is how we spent our 'raise'.

That's hysterical!! What I meant was...we first stayed at VWL 15 years ago and have wanted to purchase points there since but we had kid's college to think of...and mine. Last one graduated in December so this is how we spent our 'raise'.

Have a blast, you sound like you’ve earned it! 👍 We visit every 2 years from the UK and looked into DVC back in 2013, before we were aware of the resale market. We chose against it at that time due to Disney’s prices. Wish I’d looked deeper into it at that point, still, we’ve got our contract too now, happy days!

Yeah, we hadn’t really seen any that had been taken so we were optimistic. At least we found out relatively quickly,

wgould---$98-$28067-260-OKW(E)-Aug-0/18, 0/19, 260/20- sent 6/7, taken 6/25

Darn it!!
Holy smokes!

Have a blast, you sound like you’ve earned it! 👍 We visit every 2 years from the UK and looked into DVC back in 2013, before we were aware of the resale market. We chose against it at that time due to Disney’s prices. Wish I’d looked deeper into it at that point, still, we’ve got our contract too now, happy days!
We were just in the UK for 10 days. Got back last week.

We went to WDW ahead of a tour with Marriott 20 or so years ago and stayed at VWL. Loved it there!! While at WDW, we toured DVC and they were selling HHI. We were tempted but bought Marriott. The expiration seemed like a big deal at the time and I agree with you; wish we'd looked into it more at the time. 12 years ago, we purchased our first HHI contract resale but with the cost of attorneys fees in SC, we opted to go direct next as the price difference wasn't worth it at the time. This time with VBR, the price difference was significant between direct and resale. So excited to book that first trip at our new 'home'.

Suzabella---$98-$16,449-150-BRV-Aug-16/18, 150/19, 150/20, 150/21- sent 5/27, passed 6/12

We've been waiting nearly 15 years for this!

I know how you feel we looked at DVC around 10 years ago but did not have the funds available to put up front and being from the UK it is harder to get loans ect for DVC so we feel your pain but like you we have just brought our DVC membership so welcome to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter