Rodeway Inn or Howard Jonhsons

sha_lyn

If we couldn't laugh we'd all go insane
I have friends who want to spend a weekend at Sea World and are looking for a cheap no thrills room that will hold 2 adults a 3yr old and a 1 yr old (in a porta crib). Right now they have Rodeway book through DU for $34.

before I paid $34 for either of those places, I would bid thru Priceline for a 3* and get something like the Hyatt Olrando or maybe the Sheraton World (one is in Disney Area other is in Seaworld/Universal Area) for $35.... that is just how I feel. Yes, with Priceline, you cannot guarantee what you will get...but bidding on a 3* or even a 2*, you will get a better quality hotel than a Roadway or Ho-Jo's;)

I have stayed at HoJo when the whole property was just HoJo's and I liked it. I have stayed there about 5 times even on the side that is now Rodeway Inn.
Was the $34 you metioned including taxes? You can scroll down on the web site (it starts out saying standart or best rate or something like this), the very bottom one is internet rate which I got $27 a night before tax and fees.:cool:

Which howard johnson/rodeway inn is this? Is it close to Universal It sounds like a great deal!!

LaurieA,
I believe it is closer to Disney then Universal.:Pinkbounc

I believe it is closer to Disney then Universal

Yes both are closer to WDW.... Rodeway has a Kissemee (sp?) address, not sure about HJ. Both are listed through DU on the main page for the DIS. I'll suggest using priceline.

A Mickeyfan ... do you know what city the Sheraton near SW is in. would it be an Orlando address? I know with price line you can only get specific with the city I believe.

here is the address for that Sheraton:
Sheraton World
10100 International Drive Orlando, Florida 32821 United States
Phone (407) 352-1100 Fax (407) 354-5007

when you bid on Priceline...it is in the Universal zone and is a 3*.... if you truly want this hotel... I wouldn't do Priceline... you aren't guaranteed to get it... You may want to go to the Sheraton web site & see what rates they are offering. This hotel is direclty accross from Sea World.. there is even a path to walk from there. Depending on where your room would face, you could see Krakan and the fire works at night......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter