Rockin Rollercoaster ALREADY out of FP?!?!

What are those without MBs going to get to make up for their day not going well in HS???

They'd have to stop into Guest Relations or email Disney after the fact. I suspect the remedy would be an anytime FP for the ride they weren't able to get FPs for through the traditional route.

Last month we found the "recommended" park was the worst park all 9 days of our trip. We dont follow crowd calendars so we had no idea what park was rated what, but on a whim we checked. If the park we were in was crowded we knew it was the green park and we hopped to a red park and not waits. Go figure!

We went to Epcot this morning, tried the FP+ kiosk and was told to go to the Guest Relations to get the passes since the kiosk was being slow. At 920 the Guest Relations agent told us that TT and Soarin' were out for the day but "you can try to get paper ones". At 945 the board was showing that all FP were gone as well, so we left the park at three. Needless to say I hate FP+, we have the magic bands but are unable to use FP+ because "there's a glitch in the system which shows that you checked out on the 15th, even though on our end it shows you here until the 18th". So what do I do? "You'll have to use the paper ones"...great, thanks for nothing.

We went to Epcot this morning, tried the FP+ kiosk and was told to go to the Guest Relations to get the passes since the kiosk was being slow. At 920 the Guest Relations agent told us that TT and Soarin' were out for the day but "you can try to get paper ones". At 945 the board was showing that all FP were gone as well, so we left the park at three. Needless to say I hate FP+, we have the magic bands but are unable to use FP+ because "there's a glitch in the system which shows that you checked out on the 15th, even though on our end it shows you here until the 18th". So what do I do? "You'll have to use the paper ones"...great, thanks for nothing.

What?!

Fastpass + is not available for TSMM for tomorrow as of 10 this morning, I was able to get a RnR for tomorrow. We were also at MK yesterday and it was completely nuts! we were able to get FP+ for thunder maountain, pirates, and buzz the on the bus in the morning. We also pulled paper ones for splash once it was back up, and Rapunzel. Even with fp we waited about 40 minutes, stand by was 90! Today Epcot WS is more managable, still lots of people but I don't feel as claustrophobic and frustrated today!

The last few times I have checked over the last couple of hours, FP+ is available for all the usual attractions at DHS for tomorrow.

Somewhere, Shamu is smiling.

This stinks royally. I'm so discouraged. We aren't going until May, but I'm not feeling much magic in this thread.

It's the end of the World as we knew it.

This will be our last trip for many reasons, but mainly due to FP+. I am not interested in reserving rides months in advance.

My thoughts are beginning to spin the same opinion as yours.

When the MM+ (MB/FP+) concept was introduced I'll admit to being intrigued. It seemed like a good idea and a fairly uncomplicated one. Guests would wear a customized MB and legacy FP kiosks replaced with a better system. After reading one nightmare review after another, from both those participating in the test and those excluded, I'm actually beginning to dread our vacation. I've never, in almost 30 years of visiting WDW, have dreaded a trip to see the Mouse.

October has always been my favorite time of the year to visit. The weather is pleasant and warm without being overbearingly hot and humid, the crowds are not non-existent but certainly manageable. With all of the FP problems occurring right now it's apparent that right now isn't the right time to go. I get that lines and waiting are part of visiting a theme park but knowing in advance that FP are gone within 1 hour of RD is ridiculous. :sad2: I too think this is going to be our last trip for a while unless they "get it together" in time for our usual spring trip.

With these stories I have been reading about Disney's "GREAT" :rolleyes1 new FP + system, it's looking more and more like Disney Parks have got about the last dollars they will ever see out of me.

I've done all the rides, they don't have anything all that new and exciting coming anyway. I'll take my vacation money to Universal and/or other parts of the country.

So once FP+ rolls out for everyone, are they going to completely get rid of the paper FP?

Yes, AKL concierge shows that I should be able to make FP+ selections, however since we stayed one night in SS then moved to AKL on the 15th the My Disney Experience app shows us as having left on the 15th, it does not recognize our reservation for the 15-18th at AKL. Even though concierge can pull it up, they are unable to fix it. I've heard "there's a glitch right now" so many times this trip that I'm sick of it. It's becoming a joke now, bird pooped on the car? That bird just glitched.

It seems like we found a thread from 1999 still alive.

But no joke, I read a dis board thread from then. It looked a lot like this one.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Fastpass + is not available for TSMM for tomorrow as of 10 this morning, I was able to get a RnR for tomorrow. We were also at MK yesterday and it was completely nuts! we were able to get FP+ for thunder maountain, pirates, and buzz the on the bus in the morning. We also pulled paper ones for splash once it was back up, and Rapunzel. Even with fp we waited about 40 minutes, stand by was 90! Today Epcot WS is more managable, still lots of people but I don't feel as claustrophobic and frustrated today!

I just checked and I could book FP+ for tomorrow (Oct 17) for TSMM, ToT, and RnRC, for either morning, late morning, early afternoon, or late afternoon/evening.

Either the system is being screwy or people are exaggerating.

FANTASTIC, now people can get an extra two go rounds on the Not So Great Movie Ride!!!
Funny! Because after I get out of playhouse disney we are headed to great movie ride lol!!!

Edit- too bad waits for it are 40 minutes. Never mind. Time for a new plan

I cannot understand how Disney can justify people picking and planning what RIDES they will ride a month in advance. It is ridiculous. Plans change, people get sick, etc etc....so you are telling me that I cannot get a FP because people reserved their "spots" a MONTH ago, but then decided at the last minute to go somewhere else (like another park.) That's just not good enough for me. The magic is leaving with FP+, for SURE. Last week when we went to HS, the Toy Story Mania was ALREADY at between 7-8PM 5 minutes AFTER the park OPENED> W.T.F.

Originally Posted by
JanaDee said:
This will be our last trip for many reasons, but mainly due to FP+. I am not interested in reserving rides months in advance.

My thoughts are beginning to spin the same opinion as yours.

Same here. I hate the idea of planning. 30 years, 25+ visits, we have never done a rope drop, use minimum Fast Passes and just play it by ear and go on what we want, when we want. We usually go in the (NOW NON-EXISTENT) off season, and wait in minimum lines.

All of this, PLUS the service quality from Disney has declined and it's making it less and less likely for us to return. We just got back from 5 days on the Disney Dream and a long weekend. The only reason we went to a Disney Park was because we went to MNSSHP which made it manageable and worth it.

We spent the rest of the time at Aquatica(The best waterpark in the Orlando area) and Universal.

FANTASTIC, now people can get an extra two go rounds on the Not So Great Movie Ride!!!

According to MDE, as of 3:45 the wait times for the major DHS attractions are:

Star Tours- 20 min (FP return 4:15)
RNRC- 40 min
TOT 40 min
TSMM- 85 min

These seem like wait times that are in the normal and expected range.

Another thread reported exceptionally long lines to get into the park this morning, so it sounds like the crowd at the park is higher than people may have expected. I seriously doubt that FP+ had anything to do with that.

According to MDE, as of 3:45 the wait times for the major DHS attractions are:

Star Tours- 20 min (FP return 4:15)
RNRC- 40 min
TOT 40 min
TSMM- 85 min

These seem like wait times that are in the normal and expected range.

Another thread reported exceptionally long lines to get into the park this morning, so it sounds like the crowd at the park is higher than people may have expected. I seriously doubt that FP+ had anything to do with that.

You don't think that FP+ had anything to do with paper FPs for TSM, RnR and ToT running out by 9:30?? Weather by design by Disney or a glitch in the system, it is hard to believe that FP+ played no part in that happening!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter