Road trip help please.

Wow! Great! I'm always looking for stuff fo the kids to do when we fly too and this stuff is great! Thanks!

Just had an idea...if you run out of time and don't get these game cards laminated...take a large ziploc bag, put the game cards in them to play, and use a dry erase marker to mark on the bag. Then you can wipe off the ziploc bag when the game is over and the game cards will still be reusable for future fun!

I took my first road trip with the travel games and didn't have a chance to get them laminated and just wanted to post a little note that the ziploc bags and dry erase markers worked great!

We have a 2 and 3 year old. Wasn't sure about taking a road trip this summer but now I feel A LOT more comfortable with all of your wonderful suggestions!! Thank you Thank you!! :flower3:

How did I not see this thread before?? It's my new favorite! Thanks for all the fun. :cool1:

I made these for my son's 3rd Neverland birthday party and thought I would post them in case there are some peter pan fans out there...

PPSinkthePirateShipHowtoPlay2.jpg

PPBattleshipGridSheets1copy.jpg

PPBattleshipGridSheets2copy.jpg

TinksTTTcopy.jpg

These are fabulous! You are such a talented person Dolly!

I bet all the kids in the neighborhood want to come visit you - they would find all kinds of cool things to do.

:) Awesome of you to share! :)

Monday we are travelling to a resort in north east of Brazil, and we have to get 2 planes to get there, so i did a activity book for each of my sons and a box inspired in your thread.
I havent showed them and will give them in the first plane hoping this will entertain them for the trip
:)
Here is the cover I made for the activity books

imagem.jpg

The books

DSC03732.jpg

The box with crayons, pencils...

DSC03731.jpg

DSC03730.jpg

Monday we are travelling to a resort in north east of Brazil, and we have to get 2 planes to get there, so i did a activity book for each of my sons and a box inspired in your thread.
I havent showed them and will give them in the first plane hoping this will entertain them for the trip
:)

Yeah!!! Great job...they will love it! I just packed my game box in the back of my car for a road trip we are going on tomorrow and have my road trip printables ready to go! Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip!

Okay - This is the BEST thread ever!

I saw mentioned in a post lacing/threading cards for pre-schoolers. Does anybody have any Disney ones they have created or would be willing to take a crack at creating?

Okay - This is the BEST thread ever!

I saw mentioned in a post lacing/threading cards for pre-schoolers. Does anybody have any Disney ones they have created or would be willing to take a crack at creating?

what are lacing/threading cards...do you have a picture?

Dolly-

You can check out some at the following link.

http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/lacing_cards.htm

If you could create something Disney, I would SO appreciate it. I know it would be a great tool to keep my son busy on the plane. Also, so easy to pack and keep track of! A few cards and a few different colored shoe laces - totally light weight!

Okay...here is my first attempt. Very simple yes but an obvious image for children to recognize and lace. :)

MickeyLacingCard.jpg

I made this 8.5 x 5.5...as you can tell from the thread I like putting this on half of a regular sheet of paper. If you copy into word. Go to "file" then "page setup" and change your margins all to "0". Click "ignore" when you see the popup that says "...outside printable area...". I left enough white space around the image that it shouldn't matter. The problem that I'm having making these is that you have to increase the clip art size so big that it is getting pixilated (fuzzy)... I'm headed out on a week long trip, but will try to see what I can find when I get back if this is what you are looking for.

LacingCardMickey.jpg

If you are wondering what this is (I didn't know about them until I got a request)...it is a threading card. Trim out the image and use a hole punch to punch out the black dots. Then take on the trip along with shoe strings so that your little ones can thread in and out of the holes around the image.

Here is one without the black dots in case your hole punch has smaller holes than mine. Use your own judgement as to placement of the holes for threading. Also, I cleaned up the image so this one is a much better quality. Enjoy!

LacingCardMickey2.jpg

Dolly- You are going above and beyond! These are perfect!

When I was looking for the lacing cards on the internet, I ran across another idea!

File Folder Games
http://www.childcareland.com/ectffgames.html

These should be pretty easy to adapt to a Disney theme (if you want). You can do a color match game with the Mickey head paint chips from Home Depot. I think it would be best to use the dots of velcro for travel.

Thanks again for the lacing cards! LOVE THEM :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Dolly- You are going above and beyond! These are perfect!

When I was looking for the lacing cards on the internet, I ran across another idea!

File Folder Games
http://www.childcareland.com/ectffgames.html

These should be pretty easy to adapt to a Disney theme (if you want). You can do a color match game with the Mickey head paint chips from Home Depot. I think it would be best to use the dots of velcro for travel.

Thanks again for the lacing cards! LOVE THEM :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I didn't know about home depot mickey paint chips...but I will be stopping by a home depot on my trip and picking up a bunch and seeing what fun things I can come up with for this thread. :goodvibes
I also saw online that there are crown paint chips and shoe paint chips for cinderella...I wonder who carries them!?!

We are leaving in 2 days and I just saw this thread. I will be traveling from Louisiana with an 11 , soon to be 13 year old (B-Day @ Disney!!princess:) and an 22 month old. These are ALL GREAT!! You totally ROCK!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:
Dena

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter