RnR and Aerosmith?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of the few rides where a Guardians of the Galaxy overlay actually makes sense, and would make the ride better (in my opinion). Having songs from the Awesome Mixes play during the ride...I mean, seems like a no-brainer. I think that makes WAY more sense than putting something Guardians themed in EPCOT, but what do I know.

I thought about that earlier in this thread. If they were not going to epcot coaster, a gotg theme for RnR would make sense. I just hope they don't touch ToT.

It's one of the few rides where a Guardians of the Galaxy overlay actually makes sense, and would make the ride better (in my opinion). Having songs from the Awesome Mixes play during the ride...I mean, seems like a no-brainer. I think that makes WAY more sense than putting something Guardians themed in EPCOT, but what do I know.

I agree with this as well. Would love a coaster where you get a random track from one of the Awesome Mix volumes! You could be in the Milano instead of a limo. I think this could work really well.

I thought about that earlier in this thread. If they were not going to epcot coaster, a gotg theme for RnR would make sense. I just hope they don't touch ToT.

I agree with this as well. Would love a coaster where you get a random track from one of the Awesome Mix volumes! You could be in the Milano instead of a limo. I think this could work really well.

I don't mean to be the guy to poke holes in his own argument (and I still agree with both of your points, mainly because they agree with my original point :) ), but the problem with the overlay (and why I think they didn't go through with it) is the overall theme. RnR fits where it is because it's a recording studio, which would be found in Hollywood. In EPCOT you have "Future World", so I get why they did it, but if you ignore the overall theme's it makes much more sense to put Guardians where RnR is.

I get that Hollywood Studios new theme is going to be about immersion, but now you have half the land as old Hollywood and the other half as two specific IPs.

Oh well.

I don't mean to be the guy to poke holes in his own argument (and I still agree with both of your points, mainly because they agree with my original point :) ), but the problem with the overlay (and why I think they didn't go through with it) is the overall theme. RnR fits where it is because it's a recording studio, which would be found in Hollywood. In EPCOT you have "Future World", so I get why they did it, but if you ignore the overall theme's it makes much more sense to put Guardians where RnR is.

I get that Hollywood Studios new theme is going to be about immersion, but now you have half the land as old Hollywood and the other half as two specific IPs.

Oh well.

It is hard to use turning as a reason in hs currently with tsl and swge coming. You could take that whole corner of the park where rbr is and retheme it without a huge issue.

There was a roller coaster I think at universal where you could pick what song you wanted played on the ride.

There was a roller coaster I think at universal where you could pick what song you wanted played on the ride.

There still is. The Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. It's the big red one on the left as you enter US. It is actually one of my favorite roller coasters and I love being able to pick the song!

If they change it, maybe make it what it was originally supposed to be. I remember seeing the outside of the building when it was being built and the track that now is part of the giant guitar was there but there was no guitar back in 1998. I asked a cast member what it was and I distinctly remember he told me it was going to be a David Copperfield themed roller coaster. When we went back in 2001 after it opened it was Aerosmith. I've always wondered what happened and there is no information on the internet that I can find.

Seems like I remember them talking about this getting a re-theme, or at least a new band, a few years ago. I rather like the idea of a Guardians makeover with music from the movies, and I am usually not a fan of re-themes at all. *is still bitter about Maelstrom*

I swear I’m channeling Homer Simpson, “But everyone knows rock achieved perfection in 1976...”

I’m sure it will happen eventually, but I think that ride is themed to perfection right now. And so is ToT next door. Hands off, Disney :)

Yea I like the theme right now and like Aerosmith but I don't think they are necessary for it. They can just keep the music studio theme and use another band or one they make up for it. I feel like eventually it will get changed from Aerosmith since they seem to be wanting to get rid of licensing that they don't own. That's why there has been rumors of Twilight Zone being taken off of ToT. Again I feel this could work as well as long as they keep the overall theme of a haunted hotel. They would really only need to change the pre-show videos, and then the music selection on RnRC and the 4th dimension scene in ToT.

It would work as a theme for the ride itself with flying around on the coaster and the idea of the music on the ride, but the theme doesn't really fit the area without changing everything else around it.

RnR is a fun attraction - a fun theme - great music - the highest "thrill" factor attraction in the parks (but nothing compared to the Six Flags/Cedar Fair parks).

The problem I've always had with it --- it just doesn't seem to fit in WDW and especially in DHS.
It doesn't fit the "Sunset boulevard" old Hollywood theme.
It never fit the "making of movies" theme of MGM/DHS as a whole.
It's doesn't "feel" Disney. It doesn't need a Disney IP, but if you simply plopped this attraction at Universal Studios, you wouldn't really know the difference. Feels like it fits better there than at WDW.

It's just a thrill coaster shoehorned into a park because it was light on ride attractions and light on "thrill" attractions.

If RnR is going to be rethemed, retheme the outside/inside of RnR to fit in with the surrounding area (Tower of Terror).

The Tower of Terror is an icon of the park and fits well visually at the end of one of the "Old Hollywood" streets. RnR just has never fit.
If its going to be rethemed. Re THEME it to fit.

The Tower of Terror is an icon of the park and fits well visually at the end of one of the "Old Hollywood" streets. RnR just has never fit.

IIRC, the Sunset Blvd section of MGM/DHS was intended to be more modern-day L.A. feel, it is very much the way Sunset Blvd., Hollywood Blvd., Fairfax, etc. look today. It just seems less and less so as the studio parks of the park have gone away.

My guess is that when RnRC is re-themed, the Sunset Blvd theme will go bye-bye and there will be a more cohesive, IP-based theme for that wing of the park.

"We're late for the Benny Goodman concert. Hop into the limo."

IIRC, the Sunset Blvd section of MGM/DHS was intended to be more modern-day L.A. feel, it is very much the way Sunset Blvd., Hollywood Blvd., Fairfax, etc. look today. It just seems less and less so as the studio parks of the park have gone away.

My guess is that when RnRC is re-themed, the Sunset Blvd theme will go bye-bye and there will be a more cohesive, IP-based theme for that wing of the park.
Didn't realize it was supposed to be "modern-day" LA .. I guess they never stuck to that since they play 30s/40s old time atmosphere music there don't they?

Considering they are keeping the "Hollywood Studios" name (for now) .. I hope they keep as much of the "Hollywood"/LA vibe they can in the front part of the park.

Considering how RnR is hidden and tucked away off the path, it could probably be re-themed to anything, the only other thing back there is that multi-purpose building they used for the Villains event a few years ago.

So unless a contract runs out with Aerosmith, I doubt they will retheme the ride UNLESS they retheme the entire area.

Right now it’s just rumors and speculation because of what they’re doing in Paris.

If they take the Super Hero route like they did in Paris, they probably can’t do Iron Man due the Universal thing. Black Panther would be cool and the easiest / quickest way for them to bring Wakanda to Disney World.

I’d personally prefer a Disney Animation theme. Maybe villains? Songs like Poor Unfortunate Souls and Be Prepared would be fun to hear on a dark coaster.

Until SW and the Mickey ride are completed... don't see them closing an attraction at the Studio.

I hope this does happen! I do feel though that if they were to be out, this could potentially be a very easy fix. Of course I'm sure it's a lot more complicated than I'm about to list, but wouldn't it essentially be changing the name, making a new video, changing the music and some of the on-ride signage. I doubt that copyright would call for the ENTIRE ride to be changed. Give Goofy a guitar for all I care, I LOVE that ride!

Until SW and the Mickey ride are completed... don't see them closing an attraction at the Studio.

I say it wont be touched until long after SW has opened. I think HS will be nuts for a couple of years after SW opens and they will need all the people eaters functional.

Ive heard maybe a year ago that a rumor floating around that Monsters INC would move in after Aerosmith. The scene with the doors going through the door storage facility would be the theme. But again just a rumor.

Ive heard maybe a year ago that a rumor floating around that Monsters INC would move in after Aerosmith. The scene with the doors going through the door storage facility would be the theme. But again just a rumor.
Yes that was a Jim Hill rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter