Riverside vs. French Quarter??

KristiLyn

Fab Five Member!
Hi!

In your opinion, which do you prefer? Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter?
We are going to be staying at one of these places for our honeymoon. Last year we stayed at the Riverside and enjoyed it, but we weren't sure how the French Quarter was......

We are more or less in the same boat that you are only with a decision. Last December we stayed at riverside and really enjoyed our stay. Now for our wedding we will be staying at French Quarter. Some good things that my FH looked into were the differences :surfweb:. They do ride the same bus loop that riverside does if you can remember and it is a crap shoot to whether or not you are on or off first of the four stops...so no big whoop there. However he really had me look at the accomodations. The individual rooms looks very nice and have alot of options for a moderate resort rather than the normal/preferred option and the pool and lobby look amazing. That really sealed it not to mention the fact that we did the sister resort already so why not mix it up:teacher:. Hope my rambling helped!

We've stayed at both and port orleans is a favorite! Bus service tobothis a bit horrendo though... I would put riverside first thoughand here is why- love the magnolia area look for "romance", bigger food courtwith sit down ser ice (though we've always just done the food court. The pasta bar/order your own pasta is huge and yummy), yehaa bob plays Wednesday thru Saturday in the lobby lounge there and is the best kept secret on propert!!! Perhaps ialbiqsedon that one because we are having him at our recepton!!!

I do also love the look of the gardens and area at POFQ, but overall, I think the size and amenities at POR put it onthetop of my list

Good luck!

I would vote for POFQ, it's smaller and they are also redoing the rooms now with Queen beds, so by the time of your wedding it will be complete. They are supposed to be redoing POR afterwards, but since it's a larger resort it may not be complete. You should check out the resorts thread for pictures.

I was looking at both of those as Honeymoon options as well! :goodvibes

I think I am going to go with POFQ because of the remodel, and also the smaller more intimate resort. Also the Christmas decorations will be up when we are there, and it looks beautiful from the threads I have seen!

POR! We stayed in Magnolia Bend for our wedding and just loved it...it's so pretty. But I've never been a huge fan of the Mardi Gra theme of POFQ, so I suppose it's just about your preference since they are both very much alike.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter