Riverside or Coronado springs....Help family of 4

carlacv

Mouseketeer
cant decide will be there for 10 days 9/21-9/30. need help as to stay in Riverside or Coranado. My boys are 15 and 12 we have been to WDW twice(french quarters and AKL).

thank you:cool1:

We prefer the pool at CSR, especially for older kids. It's a very large resort and there is a lot of exploring to do! If you let them go out on their own, they'll have a blast checking out all the quiet pools, arcade, and hammocks. I have very fond memories of roaming around CSR as a teen with my little brother, chasing ducks and geckos and looking for gators:)

That said, there's something special about taking the boat to DTD. We stayed at POR once and didn't enjoy it, but lots of people here do. Yeeha Bob is my favorite WDW entertainment so it's a plus that he's right off the lobby.

I'd check out the dining options too and see what you prefer. They're both very nice resorts, you can't go wrong.

We've stayed at both and prefer CSR. We found the bus system (it was awful at POR when we stayed), food and service (ranged from meh to downright rude) to be much better.

I'll touch on the service as it's the main reason we wouldn't return to POR. We had a couple of problems with our room on arrival. The CM's weren't helpful at all. One of the mousekeepers was very rude. At CSR, we couldn't locate our stroller rental the first day (NOT their fault) and they lent us one of theirs until we could resolve it. The CM's at CSR were always quick to offer a smile and a greeting, not so (for us) at POR. Only complaint were the station cooks at Pepper Market - not overly friendly.

We liked the themes equally well.

One of the appealing factors of POR for us was the variety of activities available and having access to POFQ. However, we were so busy that we barely had time to do everything we thought we would. Plus, on our "down" days at the resort, we wanted to relax anyway.

The bus to DTD was nice, but not enough to justify staying at POR again.

GL deciding! :thumbsup2

I know a LOT of people love the POR, but I just can't seem to bring myself to stay there. Of all the mods, it's the least appealing to me for some reason. I love love love the CSR! Good luck deciding!

cant decide will be there for 10 days 9/21-9/30. need help as to stay in Riverside or Coranado. My boys are 15 and 12 we have been to WDW twice(french quarters and AKL).

thank you:cool1:

I'm with the others ... CSR is awesome! This pool and slide ROCKS!!! And the queen beds are wonderful!!! And the privacy doors in the room ... YAY -- especially with teens.

IMGP7102 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

I know a LOT of people love the POR, but I just can't seem to bring myself to stay there. Of all the mods, it's the least appealing to me for some reason. I love love love the CSR! Good luck deciding!

We are the exact opposite. We can't bring ourselves to stay at CSR. We go there almost every trip to eat lunch at the food court, which is awesome. But the resort just feals too much like a corparate meeting facility.

Ad the fact that it is so far out off the disney main roadways, we choose POR FQ when we want a moderate.

Gosh I truly want to thank everyone for their comments. I think CSR is going to win. I'm sure we will love it as much as everyone else, but then again any resort at WDW is always so magical. I can't wait to tell my family and now our neighboors (they have two boys same ages as mine 12 and 15) will be joining us too. :cool1:

Again thank you!!!
:woohoo:

Gosh I truly want to thank everyone for their comments. I think CSR is going to win. I'm sure we will love it as much as everyone else, but then again any resort at WDW is always so magical. I can't wait to tell my family and now our neighboors (they have two boys same ages as mine 12 and 15) will be joining us too. :cool1:

Again thank you!!!
:woohoo:

Great choice! We are staying at POR (and love it there also) this stay with DMIL and DSIL and her family. We need a room for 5 for DSIL and her kids are pretty finicky eaters, so the food court (which is good, but more straight american fare) works best.

My DW and DS would do CSR as a first choice if it were just us for the reasons already given (Best mod pool and slide by far, best bus service, central air in rooms vs blower units...) My DS will try everything foodwise and we love the food court and restaurant at CSR.

We have stayed at both and for sure CSR!! We LOVED this resort. Kids would not leave the pool, and the rooms were so nice.

While both are good..CSR is a step above....Better rooms. Comfy beds, theming, main pool, Best bus system on all of Disney property, Pepper Market...POR does have the boat to DTD, & YeeHaw Bob's though..

But not enough to keep me from staying in Casitas 3 or 4 in CSR...Enjoy your trip.:thumbsup2

I actually love both resorts but I think with the ages of your sons CSR would be the best fit especially if they like swimming.

Thank you everyone!!! I finally made my reservations for 9/21-9/30!!!:cool1:
My boys are so excited now the hard part...waiting!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter