Riverside helllllppp

Rayshell0801

Earning My Ears
Hello all so I'm am due to Disney in the next three weeks but I have watched videos looked at maps and I'm still confused I will be staying at royal suite river view can someone tell me what I should request I would like to be near transpiration and food I know everyone says mansion but what are they bear if you can give me any tips I would appreciate it

Portorleans.org is a nice site if you haven't referred to it yet.
They have maps with the rooms so you will able to see were a Royal Riverview room would be located. The Royal rooms are in two of the the four Mansion buildings.

Touringplans.org has a great room finder for POR.

There are a limited number of Royal Rooms that are also river view. Rooms in Oak Manor are close to food and transportation. Some rooms in Parterre Place (north/northwest facing) are close, but others a bit farther away (not that far, though, IMO).

As others have said, you can just ask to be close to food/transportation...but a request for Oak Manor will be good as well.

Since you have RV rooms, you will be within 5 minutes of everything. You can be about 30 seconds to a minute closer by requesting Oak Manor over Parterre Place if that matters.

Since you have RV rooms, you will be within 5 minutes of everything. You can be about 30 seconds to a minute closer by requesting Oak Manor over Parterre Place if that matters.

See, if they had slides down from the upper levels that would be true. Alas they don't. They make you use the stairs, and the stairs take you back away from the river area, then yiu have to backtrack the way you came once in the ground level. At least that's how it was for our stay in Parterre. And they do appreciate you staying on the paths to get to the main pathway, rather than taking the direct route. There was no 30 seconds about it.

When we had a parking lot view RR room it took us less time to get to the path. And on that first RR stay we realized that river view means nothing since there aren't balconies, and we aren't the type to drag chairs out onto the public areas. So until we left our room the river might as well not been there. After staying river view and parking lot, I'd take the parking view.

OP: Just so you aren't disappointed when you enter the room, you don't have a suite (there aren't any at Riverside). Its just a hotel room, with a curtain separating the sink area, then door to toilet/tub-shower combo. You can see the layout at portorleans.org.
(You wrote 'suite' on your original post.)

See, if they had slides down from the upper levels that would be true. Alas they don't. They make you use the stairs, and the stairs take you back away from the river area, then yiu have to backtrack the way you came once in the ground level. At least that's how it was for our stay in Parterre. And they do appreciate you staying on the paths to get to the main pathway, rather than taking the direct route. There was no 30 seconds about it.

When we had a parking lot view RR room it took us less time to get to the path. And on that first RR stay we realized that river view means nothing since there aren't balconies, and we aren't the type to drag chairs out onto the public areas. So until we left our room the river might as well not been there. After staying river view and parking lot, I'd take the parking view.
If I remember right, Parterre has 4 sets of stairs for RV rooms, 1 on each side and 2 right in front of the river, not sure why you would back track? We actually like a decent view, and we open the drapes up during the day to let the light in and to look out. We are not paranoid about someone walking by our window.

Hello all so I'm am due to Disney in the next three weeks but I have watched videos looked at maps and I'm still confused I will be staying at royal suite river view can someone tell me what I should request I would like to be near transpiration and food I know everyone says mansion but what are they bear if you can give me any tips I would appreciate it

The Royal Rooms are ONLY in 2 of the mansions. Oak Manor is closest to the bridge, but really only by like a 3 minute walk, which goes to the main building where the food and bus stops are! :) I stayed in Oak Manor in a River View Royal Room and we loved it. :)

This is the link to the Royal Rooms page:

http://www.portorleans.org/royal-rooms.php

ETA: Just take note that some of the pictures are original to when the rooms were first debuted! But the pretty bedding is now gone. I think even the runner at the end of the bed is gone. So it's just a plain white bed. But the rest of the décor still remains! My fav is the faucet at the sinks! So cute!

The Royal Rooms are ONLY in 2 of the mansions. Oak Manor is closest to the bridge, but really only by like a 3 minute walk, which goes to the main building where the food and bus stops are! :) I stayed in Oak Manor in a River View Royal Room and we loved it. :)

This is the link to the Royal Rooms page:

http://www.portorleans.org/royal-rooms.php

ETA: Just take note that some of the pictures are original to when the rooms were first debuted! But the pretty bedding is now gone. I think even the runner at the end of the bed is gone. So it's just a plain white bed. But the rest of the décor still remains! My fav is the faucet at the sinks! So cute!
Thanks you so much for this so I will defiantly request oak manor did you send a fax is oak manor grand looking?

Thanks I really don't care for view either I just want to be near main areas and preferred rooms were booked thank you for this

Thanks you so much for this so I will defiantly request oak manor did you send a fax is oak manor grand looking?

All 4 mansions look the same from the outside. They are beautiful. Yes I sent a fax cause I was hoping to score a top floor corner room (with 2 windows). Just know that faxing isn't guaranteed to get you what you want. But either one you get.... Oak Manor or Parterre Place are BEAUTIFUL and so close to the main building.

All 4 mansions look the same from the outside. They are beautiful. Yes I sent a fax cause I was hoping to score a top floor corner room (with 2 windows). Just know that faxing isn't guaranteed to get you what you want. But either one you get.... Oak Manor or Parterre Place are BEAUTIFUL and so close to the main building.
Ok I feel much better than have you been on pirates of carribean ride I know this is off topic my daughter doesn't like drops and it's already dark so I'm worried I may cause an issue for her on this ride

Ok I feel much better than have you been on pirates of carribean ride I know this is off topic my daughter doesn't like drops and it's already dark so I'm worried I may cause an issue for her on this ride

Yes it's REALLY fun. Only one smallish drop. It's dark for the drop. But the rest of the ride isn't bad for light.

ETA: Maybe it would help you to decide if you watch a video of the ride and decide that way.

Yes it's REALLY fun. Only one smallish drop. It's dark for the drop. But the rest of the ride isn't bad for light.

ETA: Maybe it would help you to decide if you watch a video of the ride and decide that way.
Thanks again your so helpful one more thing I how was your food experience at POR

LOVE the food. Create your own pasta is my favourite. Not sure where you're from but I find the portion sizes HUGE compared to Canada. So we can easily feed 2 people with one portion. My kids also love the pizza at POR.

My kids do not like any fast rides or big drops. They were fine on pirates. The drop is small and quick. It is a fun ride. I was in the front row and my shorts got pretty wet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter