Rivers of light/world of color AK?

jetdoctor

Please remain in your DOOM BUGGYS
Has anyone heard of anymore rumors of Disney's world of color or something like that coming to AK river around discovery island? I read somewhere that they want to possibly use those projectors on the tree of life like they use on Cinderella castle. And do a show similar to World of Color in Disneyland. Sorry if this thread is somewhere else new to this.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How are they going to project on the Tree of Life. It sounds interesting, and possible, but the Tree of Life has rough surface compared to Cinderella's Castle's smooth surface (You know how the Castle is like a straight line in sight? That's what I mean by surface). It's going to be weird having a nightime show there whenever they aren't even open at night

There was a thread floating around before you would have to clear a lot of trees for viewing of this new show it would be a great idea but I think would create some big viewing problems and disney doesn't want to fork a ton if money into surroundings. I don't think it will happen.

I did see a picture of something like buoys in the water. See pic and story screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_animal_kingdom.htm

How are they going to project on the Tree of Life. It sounds interesting, and possible, but the Tree of Life has rough surface compared to Cinderella's Castle's smooth surface (You know how the Castle is like a straight line in sight? That's what I mean by surface). It's going to be weird having a nightime show there whenever they aren't even open at night

They used to have emh evenings a while ago

The castle isn't just flat it might have smother lines but its by no means flat. Also avatarland is coming. According to Joe Rohde AK has more room to grow park then all of the parks so maybe someday the AK will stay open longer.

Lots of talk about Star Wars land and cars land coming to a much needed update of the studios

That's what I meant, it's hard to put it through text. Through voice it would have been ten times easier to explain

Given how early the park closes, I highly doubt they would do something like this. The reason they close so early is for the animals. To get around this, they would have to put the animals away while the park is still open, and without the animals, it's just Kingdom. ;)

My position on this has changed. I believe keeping DAK open at night is inevitable. Zoos stay open at night all the time. Disney could close Kilamajaro Safaris, Pangani Trail and Maharaja Jungle Trek, and house the animals accordingly. At the same time, the rides would remain open and they could extend the show schedule.

Also, a nighttime water show similar to WOC could work if they made the space. As they proved at DCA, they don't need fireworks to have a great evening show. Animal Kingdom also needs a signature restaurant. Future expansion of the park and the addition of evening hours would be a great way to accomplish this.

Given how early the park closes, I highly doubt they would do something like this. The reason they close so early is for the animals. To get around this, they would have to put the animals away while the park is still open, and without the animals, it's just Kingdom. ;)

My understanding is the explosions are far more of an issue for fireworks at AK than the light is which would be why they could possibly have a projection show on the Tree of Life.

Part of the rumors where true world of color ears are coming to Fla.

jetdoctor said:
Part of the rumors where true world of color ears are coming to Fla.

A while ago there was lots of talk of a WoC type sow in the front of the park by the Avatar project. Redo of wishes will be first.

I watched a Video today for the new princess hall @ MK saw people wearing the Glow With The Show ears. Didn't know they where selling them already not going live till Oct 15 & 19

If Disney wanted to keep the park open later, and wanted to offer some sort of evening entertainment, they'd do it. Whether it's fireworks, water show, light show, stage show, etc.

As for World of Color, Disney did a lot of prep work to the lagoon at DCA to filter the water as much as possible. AFAIK, the entire lagoon is concrete lined and water is pumped through a filtration system to keep debris and contaminants from clogging the water nozzles.

If they build a new water feature as part of Avatar or some other park expansion, then perhaps some of that tech could be leveraged. But I can't see them just floating a water nozzle barge into the current river / canal that winds through the park.

But I can't see them just floating a water nozzle barge into the current river / canal that winds through the park.

Perhaps because animal kingdom has living, delicate things that are already in a foreign place as compared to what they were genetically adapted to be in?

Pollution might not be as accepted by them as the three headed fish in the showcase lagoon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter