River Of Lights Capacity Problems???

There was a bottleneck getting out of the 1st show on Friday night (2/18) and other trying to get into the 2nd show. Even getting through to where we needed to sit with our dining package for the 1st show was not easy. I don't think the article overstates the level of people in the park and the crowding that occurred.

Isn't this situation caused by the people leaving the first show being there while the people for the 2nd are arriving? Currently the schedule is showing that tonight is the last night with two shows until April 9th. That will last for only two weeks then it reverts to one show nightly until at least the end of June. Unless they add 2nd shows, is this even going to be an issue?

Yes, the bulk of the problems seemed to be related to the transition between the first and second shows, as well as the fact that it was opening weekend and DAK was busier this weekend than it's been in a long white.
They may still experience capacity issues in that not everyone will get in - but Fantasmic! has that problem nightly and they are sticking with one show still.

I don't think the article overstates the level of people in the park and the crowding that occurred.
I don't believe the article overstated the level of the people and the crowding, but as I said in that previous post, and it's just my assessment, the article somewhat overstated how big an issue it actually was. Both crowds dissipated fairly quickly afterwards.
They may still experience capacity issues in that not everyone will get in
With limited shows, absolutely.
Fantasmic! has that problem nightly and they are sticking with one show still.
Good comparison. Initially, getting out of Fantasmic is wall to wall people. The good thing is that they're all going in the same direction, so no confusion.

There was a bottleneck getting out of the 1st show on Friday night (2/18) and other trying to get into the 2nd show. Even getting through to where we needed to sit with our dining package for the 1st show was not easy. I don't think the article overstates the level of people in the park and the crowding that occurred.

Interesting. Thanks. It's get to get more than one opinion.

Hmmm, glad my family is ok with missing the nightime shows if it's too inconvient. Interested in seeing how difficult getting a fp will be, or if DAK goes to tiering the fps..

Has anyone watched RoL lately? Had the situation improved and what are the show times?

Thanks!

We went Tues 2/21, first show (7:15), ADR side. It was definitely a bottleneck getting through Dinoland, but we were mostly expecting it. Lots of CMs with lit signs directing to the exit. It was only our 3rd day and we were still getting the hang of the Express bus - I think it would have been a LOT easier to cut around to the back and catch the Express bus elsewhere than try to get out the front!

Other than that, it was Disney World post-show exit crowded - nothing too horrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter