River Islnd Orange Lake

Mom2HandR

Mouseketeer
Any tips? We are staying in a 2 bedroom villa for 5 nights in a few weeks. Then we are moving on property to Pop for 5 more days. We plan to do Sea World and Aquatica and some outlet shopping while there, but also I want to float in the lazy river. :) Anyone stay there?

We just stayed there about 3 weeks ago, we had a 2 bedroom villa in the River Island area and LOVED it. We will be going back for sure ... we live just across the state so we visit Orlando every year in July and stay for a week and usually try a different place each time. I think we may have found our spot now though with Orange Lake.

The only complaint I have is ... if you want a tube for the Lazy River you have to rent them. the have daily rates on the tubes or you can buy a package deal that includes the tubes, mini golf, and the "fun zone" area which has a big 40 foot water slide, a rock wall and a "euro bungee jumper".

You don't have to have a tube in the lazy river though and one thing we noticed is ... once you get passed the "tube keepers" you can often find a tube floating with no owners and just snatch it up.

The other thing to watch out for .. as you check in, they attach a fake $20 bill to your packet, then as you walk out the "greeter" grabs you and advises you need to come over to this "welcome" desk to redeem your $20 gift. It's nothing more than a glorified sales pitch. The guy will offer you $100 cash, free "fun zone" passes for the family and all kinds of other things just to do a "resort presentation".... sure if you want to waste a few hours of relaxing in the pool then by all means it may be worth it to you but I had to tell the guy no thanks about 3 times before he finally said "ok have a great stay". They never called my room or sent anyone to my room to ask again.

you will read a lot of bad reviews about this place but I'm absolutely not sure why because we found it to be very nice and overall very clean and safe. I think you are going to be thoroughly saddened when you leave there and have to check into your Pop stay.

here is a shot of the big waterslide I was talking about ..
IMG_0255.jpg

and a shot of the "waterfall" area in the lazy river ...
IMG_0373.jpg

Thanks for the reply! I am thinking it would have been better to do Pop then River Island, but free dining came in to play. :) Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and had no issues with the sales people. DH is pretty good at saying no lol should be fine. My 11 year old will definitely want to try out that slide!

We just stayed there about 3 weeks ago, we had a 2 bedroom villa in the River Island area and LOVED it. We will be going back for sure ... we live just across the state so we visit Orlando every year in July and stay for a week and usually try a different place each time. I think we may have found our spot now though with Orange Lake.

Hi guys,
Where did you book this? or do you guys own?
I am finding it really difficult to find a way to book at the specific River Island village.

thanks!

jake20 said:
Hi guys,
Where did you book this? or do you guys own?
I am finding it really difficult to find a way to book at the specific River Island village.

thanks!

If you book 2 bedroom nonsmoking waterpark thru the Holiday Inn Orange Lake website, that is River Island. We are happy with the rate we received though I am sure we could have done better other ways. I wanted to be sure we got River Island. Hope that helps.

thanks..
I booked yesterday, but i didn't see any waterpark option for the rooms.

only saw standard 2 bedroom villas, and deluxe villa options... no waterpark
hmm. maybe River Island is sold out?

sorry I wasn't alerted that there was follow up posts ...

I booked mine by calling the reservations center since I'm a Travel Agent and had to provide credentials to get my discounts.

It's possible jake20 that the River Island area is sold out but you can keep calling and asking and if something opens up they will switch it for you. When I first booked the place there was no River Island available ... I called every other day for a week and something finally opened up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter