River cruise advice

RussellWy

Earning My Ears
Considering the Rhine or Danube river cruise for my family but my mother (70) gets seasick easily. I have heard the river cruises aren't rough, little to no motion felt. Can anyone confirm what they are like as far as motion, rocking etc? Also if you prefer the Rhine cruise or the Danube- Thanks!

I, unfortunately, get *very* seasick. Ocean cruising, jet boating, back of the bus, roller coasters, you name it. The patch helps, but only so much.

I had ZERO issues on the Danube River cruise. There was *no* detectable motion on the river, and my stomach was happy the whole time.

I haven't done the Rhine, so I can't compare, but I absolutely loved the Danube! Really great ports and activities.

Sayhello

I took an ABD Rhine cruise. You definitely know when the ship is in motion, but I didn't see anybody have problems with seasickness. There are no waves and the ship does not rock. It travels smoothly.

In comparison, I had a trip on the Disney Dream (one of the big ocean going cruise ships) when it was windy and you could definitely feel the ship rock and sway. At night I heard the clothes hangers banging into each other in the closet of our room.

I haven't been on the Danube cruise so I can't compare them, but if you search there are detailed trip reports for both. I picked the Rhine since it visited Heidelberg, the Rhine gorge (many castles) and Amsterdam.

Been on many ocean cruises and one Rhine River cruise. We felt nothing on the Rhine even remotely like rocking on an ocean cruise. Rivers at their widest are not very wide and they are fairly shallow. The boats are built for rivers with flat bottoms

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter