Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they were letting us out of the line and offering us a return anytime fast pass or letting us show our boarding group scream shop and that is not what is happening. There is literally no one coming out of the line the line is not being evacuated currently I am just passed the waterfall and they are telling us we cannot leave her we will not be able to ride again. I’m very frustrated by this mixture of information in the fact that we’ve been here almost 2 hours
Sounds like you are getting more info from Disboards than the CM there.

I wish they were letting us out of the line and offering us a return anytime fast pass or letting us show our boarding group scream shop and that is not what is happening. There is literally no one coming out of the line the line is not being evacuated currently I am just passed the waterfall and they are telling us we cannot leave her we will not be able to ride again. I’m very frustrated by this mixture of information in the fact that we’ve been here almost 2 hours
I wrote that earlier and then the ride finally came back up and then we went through the first part and the evacuated. Total of 2 hours 40 minutes. They gave us a FP to come back. It was exhausting. I don’t understand why after an hour, trapped in the line with it broken, they don’t clear it and give FPs. It doesn’t take long to do. And it doesn’t increase the number of people who eventually ride??

My personal opinion until the issue dies down to increase the ability for more guest to be able to ride. Since DL has so many AP’s. Once you ride, you are not allowed to get an other guaranteed Boarding Group for a period of time (let’s say 14-21 days). You can only be able to book a backup boarding group. This will allow the day guest, vacation groups a better chance as they are there for only a limited amount of time.
Nothing is worse than spending $149.00 for a one day ticket and not to be able to experience ROTR.

I assume that demand for the ride is super high given the timing...but this was fairly disappointing. I would have thought that if I could get a boarding pass 801am.....that I could at least ride the ride by the evening.
Scroll back through this thread, and you'll get a better picture of everything, including the morning BG distribution problems. And the ride's been down most of this afternoon.

No fault of yours - this was just a unfortunate choice of days.

I think it is EXTREMELY disingenuous of Disney to promote this ride in the media, when not only MUST you be in the park at the official opening time, but you also have to be very lucky in order to be assigned to a group. It's really a bait and switch. We'll promote the ride through an exciting commercial, but once you get to the park, we'll either explain what steps are necessary for even a chance to ride....or else have signs up saying that there's no chance of getting on the ride, since you were not there before 8:00 AM.

This might be a dumb question but...
For all the people practicing at home how to get a boarding group, do you have to have tickets already loaded in your account? My friend and I bought ours from Get Away Today, so we just have those vouchers that you have to go redeem at a guest relations kiosk for your real ticket. Can I still practice from home without any ticket linked to my Disney account?

What's your solution? 5+ hour standby line that a ride can evacuate when it goes down for an hour and restart over again? Sure, that's only several thousand disappointed people at a time instead and for the lucky ones with able to experience this single ride and a few others. That's an expensive E Ticket.
Honestly, not sure what solution there can be, but this won't work past this month or mid Feb without lots of complaints from the Disneyland regulars, they won't out up with having to show up at park opening and then possibly not being able to ride until 8 PM or later.

My personal opinion until the issue dies down to increase the ability for more guest to be able to ride. Since DL has so many AP’s. Once you ride, you are not allowed to get an other guaranteed Boarding Group for a period of time (let’s say 14-21 days). You can only be able to book a backup boarding group. This will allow the day guest, vacation groups a better chance as they are there for only a limited amount of time.
Nothing is worse than spending $149.00 for a one day ticket and not to be able to experience ROTR.
They can't do this legally, in fact even their current setup violates the fine print on your ticket that says valid for unlimited use of all attractions, except arcades.

For all the people practicing at home how to get a boarding group, do you have to have tickets already loaded in your account? My friend and I bought ours from Get Away Today, so we just have those vouchers that you have to go redeem at a guest relations kiosk for your real ticket. Can I still practice from home without any ticket linked to my Disney account?
Yep, you can practice at home - the main part of the process doesn't involve your ticket status until a few screens in.

[/QUOTE]
you don’t need tickets to get through first screen. It basically takes you to the same spot and asks if you want to link tickets.

A thought about how long it will be before you can take more than a minute and still get a normal boarding group... this is where Disneyland being a locals park will help out. Over the next month or so locals will be trying pretty frequently to get in, causing the boarding group distribution times to remain really short. But after most of the locals have ridden a few times, they will not be trying as often to come early to get a BG and so then the time before they are distributed should mellow out. I'm going back in March and I'm expecting maybe 5-10 minutes at that point before boarding groups are gone.

At Disney World things will probably remain crazy there for several years, because most people going there are not going often, so every day there will be mostly a large number of new people who are trying really hard to get a boarding group.

In the end I think it's great that Disney now has a ride of such high caliber that it is a massive draw, and enhances Galaxy's Edge to boot! Even if there are many short term pains.

The ride is not doing stellar today.

I feel for those who have had less then stellar expirence.

I also just feel it’s way to early to make predictions and things. Most of agree that we want Disney to continue to be innovative and try new things and for that to happen we as guests are going to have to be okay with things not being perfect on day 1.

They can't do this legally, in fact even their current setup violates the fine print on your ticket that says valid for unlimited use of all attractions, except arcades.
I don't see that language in the AP terms and conditions. What's there is: "Parks, services, entertainment and attractions may change operating hours, close temporarily, or may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability." There's no guarantees of anything.

My (older) pass says: "It provides the individual with pre-specfied, revocable privileges." I assume they'd just have to announce a restriction to be good to go.

That's not to say that it's a good idea or that they would actually do it. But I think they could legally restrict AP access to ROTR, if (for some bizarre reason) they wanted to.

I’m a tad surprised how quickly it seemed wdw issued snacks and one day passes and Disneyland hasn’t really done the same at all? Today sounds like it’s been a bit of a disaster!! I do think they had a pretty great first two days. Yesterday seemed to run pretty smoothly. But today not so much :(

Those gremlins from WDW took the flight over to DLR!
Finally moving consistently now and have to work down those FPs from earlier.

So, I guess it's a good thing we didn't get a BG this morning after all, seeing the absolute cluster that this ride has been today.

All these people with BG have essentially wasted their entire morning waiting in a line for a broken ride to come back up, or leaving, and coming back, just to wait MORE while the ride is down again, etc. And I'll be surprised if they even get through the "guaranteed" BG numbers today. I wonder what the guest recovery will be for people whose BG numbers below 82 are never called.

How is this better than just having a standby line again? Seems either way, many people have dedicated literally hours to this ride today with nothing to show for it.

How is this better than just having a standby line again? Seems either way, many people have dedicated literally hours to this ride today with nothing to show for it.
No different. People would still be sitting in line in the hopes of being able to ride.

Actually, one big difference - in this situation, a bunch of people (including later BG groups) went on about their day because they knew they weren't going to be able to ride today. I mean, to be fair, you were one of those people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter