Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning's play at home approach was to open the app at 8:59, and then hit the "find out more" button a moment before 9:00. I was greeted by red button and proceeded to back out of the app and back in.

Regular boarding passes were gone by 9:01:10
As of 9:30, backups are still being distributed.
They started calling BGs at 9:05 with number 1, which was really weird to see on the screen along with a red button.
And they've steadily called them and we're up to 1-15 already.

Looking at Twitter I'm not seeing much disappointment.

This morning's play at home approach was to open the app at 8:59, and then hit the "find out more" button a moment before 9:00. I was greeted by red button and proceeded to back out of the app and back in.

Regular boarding passes were gone by 9:01:10
As of 9:30, backups are still being distributed.
They started calling BGs at 9:05 with number 1, which was really weird to see on the screen along with a red button.
And they've steadily called them and we're up to 1-15 already.

Looking at Twitter I'm not seeing much disappointment.
Any word on how high the backup BG numbers are going?

Could they be increasing capacity too? Like, if there were 40 ride vehicles in circulation before, they upped to 50? I’m making these numbers up, btw, but it could be something they’re trying to increase throughout while still keeping the number of primary BGs low in case it goes badly.
Definitely possible that they are unlocking capacity that was previously locked to ensure smooth ops. I don't want to give any spoilers, but we are talking a little about it in the spoiler thread. Suffice to say that there are a certain number of pre-show rooms, and they were not all being utilized over the weekend.

When the backups are gone and we see what the max "regular" group number is, that may give us an idea.

I notice the app doesn’t currently have the statement about which boarding groups are guaranteed today. Does that only show up after the backup groups have run out?

I notice the app doesn’t currently have the statement about which boarding groups are guaranteed today. Does that only show up after the backup groups have run out?
Yes. So far on social I haven't seen any backup group numbers - highest regular I saw posted was 55.

We did it this morning. Success with BG 8. We hit Harbor security at 8:15, lines were almost to the monorail tracks but they were already letting people in. Thru the turnstiles at 8:21. Immediately left for DCA. They opened DCA turnstiles at 8:30. We hung out in the seating area near Soarin until 9.
There were two of us with iPhone 11 Pro Max’s on AT&T. DS used cellular and I used Disney WiFi. Mine showed up a split second faster faster on WiFi.
@theluckyrabbit and @dina444444 ~ Here’s important info for the 1st posts! Entering DCA before joining a BG doesn’t cancel out DL entrance info. 😊

*My disclaimer: I’m still patiently waiting for my yellow banner to disappear. So, just posting as a regular poster. 😌

I think the backups group lasting longer says a lot more about park attendance than ride capacity. I very strongly doubt that they’re releasing more BGs (or more capacity in general) given that they’ve yet to get through all distributed backup groups in a day

Wednesdays can be reaaaal empty, friends. It’s a Wednesday in January. I got there last Wednesday around 3:30, and both parks were crazy-dead, almost immediate FPs available for everything but the top three or four rides.

Also, it was a 9am opening, so people who were going to spend their day at DL had plenty of time to get in before opening.

So, I think the number of people in the park is simply hovering in the “backup group” range, which makes total sense on a Wednesday morning. There was still enough demand to kill the regular BGs in a minute. There just aren’t bodies in the park to fill up the backups.

The Chart
Shoutout again to @dina444444 who did literally all of the work on this
View attachment 467161

Amazing data, thank you @dina444444

FreshBaked made an FAQ video after day 2, and suggested something that I think proves true after 3 more days of data. They thought the DL gates were opened early when the lines started approaching the DCA gates; to prevent the end of the lines from being an obvious mess and blocking DCA gates.

So this applies to the question "will they continue to open gates xxx mins early?" It just depends on esplanade crowds any given day. For now, people may need to judge based on crowd levels during their visit.

We did it this morning. Success with BG 8. We hit Harbor security at 8:15, lines were almost to the monorail tracks but they were already letting people in. Thru the turnstiles at 8:21. Immediately left for DCA. They opened DCA turnstiles at 8:30. We hung out in the seating area near Soarin until 9.
There were two of us with iPhone 11 Pro Max’s on AT&T. DS used cellular and I used Disney WiFi. Mine showed up a split second faster faster on WiFi.
This is a fabulous DP!!! Thanks so much for posting. We will probably do the same on Saturday/Sunday.

I’ve been practicing at home for a couple of days. Everything worked fine until today. It said my tickets aren’t linked, even though they were linked. I had to try it a few times before the app recognized my tickets. Yikes! I hope it won’t be a problem after I actually scan into the park. I made my husband practice today too, and his button wouldn’t turn red for a long time. He had to toggle back and forth for almost a minute. I’m already so stressed about this and I’m not even going until April 🤣
That happened to me when playing at home a few days ago. It was the same day the MaxPass system had a problem. The work around was to try to make a FP selection BEFORE the boarding groups open if possible and/or check to make your tickets are all showing up when you are in the park.

Great news about backup boarding groups lasting so long, I hope they get through a lot of them today :)

Sounds like surge mass in AM still but the overall number of people are a lot lower.
With a cut off of 70 for regular, the are minimizing recovery situations at end of day so the time to run out of regulars is skewed compared to other days with this. Still. 70 secs for 70 groups tells about the right tale on people trying right at drop.

The really good sign are backups lasting a lot longer :)

As capacity ramps up the regular groups #s cutoff will increase too (WDW at 80 regular today as comparison).

Great news about hopping over to DCA after checking in on DL side keeps the status as in park to allow for those with EMH there to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter