Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks, haven't seen a popup either way. I click "Find Out More," then red "Join Boarding Group," then it goes to "Create Your Party", then "Join Boarding Group," then "Oops, Not So Fast...You are not in the Park." Where in there would you see the popup or can't you do that from home since you'll need to be in Park? Thanks for all the info!

I don't have my tickets linked yet, so I get an additional screen before "Create Your Party" asking me to link tickets. I have been getting the pop up right after I click "join boarding group." It loads on top of the "Link Your Tickets" page, which for you would likely be the "Create Your Party" page

And at what number do backups BG's begin? 62? 72? And typically are they getting through maybe 100-115 if the ride isn't breaking down?
We will know what number once the backups run out. There’s a chart a 3 or 4 pages back with all the number details

Backup boarding groups still available at 9:18 according to my phone. Now I’m getting suspicious... Maybe they simply give out an unlimited number of backup groups today to keep people happy & hopeful?

9:22, playing from home could have gotten a back up boarding group. (I was distracted at 9:00 & didn’t try.)

Backup boarding groups still available at 9:18 according to my phone. Now I’m getting suspicious... Maybe they simply give out an unlimited number of backup groups today to keep people happy & hopeful?
It is curious.... DL has been conservative with its boarding group estimates so far, but this is such a major departure it feels like a policy change. 9:25 and backups still available.

It might be a situation where there were, say, 100 BGs worth of people at 9:00am. I mean, at this point, if I arrived at 9:15 or 9:30, I might not even pull my phone out to look. (And, right now, if you arrive after 9am, it's likely you're not there for ROTR.)

Wednesday morning crowds at DL are usually the lowest of the week - people likely aren’t ARRIVING shortly after 9. They were either there for rope drop to try for ROTR, or they’re coming later.

So if there’s only 10,000 there, they’d run through regular groups right away, but no one’s showing up to finish off the back-up groups, you know?

It might be a situation where there were, say, 100 BGs worth of people at 9:00am. I mean, at this point, if I arrived at 9:15 or 9:30, I might not even pull my phone out to look. (And, right now, if you arrive after 9am, it's likely you're not there for ROTR.)
This is basically exactly what I was typing up when you posted...

I am surprised that backup boarding groups are still available 30 minutes after park opening. What numbers are people getting at this time that are considered backup?

Option still there for me for backups....though I'm having regular issues with my app not letting me sign in. Any suggestions? Tells me my password is wrong (it isn't) and also won't send me the notification to reset. Then sometimes it just logs me in. Time still until my trip but worried!!

It might be a situation where there were, say, 100 BGs worth of people at 9:00am. I mean, at this point, if I arrived at 9:15 or 9:30, I might not even pull my phone out to look. (And, if you arrive at 9am, it's likely you're there for ROTR.)
Could they be increasing capacity too? Like, if there were 40 ride vehicles in circulation before, they upped to 50? I’m making these numbers up, btw, but it could be something they’re trying to increase throughout while still keeping the number of primary BGs low in case it goes badly.

Since friday when they started the bg process my app has to double load every time I click on it. Like it tries to load once then refreshes itself to load again. I'm at home with good data and wi-fi but old phone. It's not a big deal but definitely a noticeable difference in app performance for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter