Rip Ride Rockit coaster question

CPA_ESQ.

Mouseketeer
Ok:

My GF wants me to post this question:

"I am hesitant to go on the rip ride rockit coaster. I don't like rides that go upside down - They give me a dizzy feeling. Will this coaster get me dizzy? I love going on the mummy, and men in black (I don't prefer the part where you spin around, but quickly get over it), I also ride Spider man and Doom Drop.

I'm not a huge fan of forbidden journey and frequently take the chicken exit"

I keep telling her that what looks like a loop is not a loop and the ride never goes upside down, but turns side to side and is not even an exciting part of the ride, but she wants to hear what others have to say. She was scared to go on to the mummy at one time, now I can't keep her off of that ride. :hyper:

Ok:

My GF wants me to post this question:

"I am hesitant to go on the rip ride rockit coaster. I don't like rides that go upside down - They give me a dizzy feeling. Will this coaster get me dizzy? I love going on the mummy, and men in black (I don't prefer the part where you spin around, but quickly get over it), I also ride Spider man and Doom Drop.

I'm not a huge fan of forbidden journey and frequently take the chicken exit"

I keep telling her that what looks like a loop is not a loop and the ride never goes upside down, but turns side to side and is not even an exciting part of the ride, but she wants to hear what others have to say. She was scared to go on to the mummy at one time, now I can't keep her off of that ride. :hyper:

No comparison with RRR and Mummy or Dr Doom, or Spiderman. Does she do Hulk or Dragons?

I'm 26 and noticed I'm becoming more fragile on the big rides. I'm 6.2ft and my head keeps getting knocked making me feel dizzy and i sometimes head headaches. Hulk I will never do again. I found it really rough and I came off feeling really battered.

RRR was intense but came off wanting to go back on. It didn't make me dizzy and didn't batter me at all. I would recommend it.

I'm a huge ride chicken, but don't mind going upside down.

Has she ever been upside down on a roller coaster? You really don't feel like you are upside down at all...and it doesn't make you dizzy (at least not me). Also, the loop in RRR isn't like a normal loop on a roller coaster where you are upside down for the loop. You are sort of sideways upside down.

If you are worried about getting dizzy, just make sure to keep your head back against the seat and look straight instead of to the side (regardless of whether you are upside down or not). You might also suck on a piece of candy or something during the ride (though that might not be safe).

Anyway, the hardest part of the ride for me was just the anticipation going up at the beginning. The coaster itself is pretty mild.

yeah she has been on rides that go upside down in the past at Great Adventure.

She likes roller coasters - mummy, rolling thunder (great adventure), crazy mouse type coasters, etc.. but won't go on Hulk type rides.

I tell her that the rip rockit is a tween type ride - it looks big and bad, but it is a fun long ride through the park. I hope she goes on it this trip. I remember when she was scared of the mummy but now I can't keep her off of that ride :yay:

Thanks for the tips and input

The only part of RRR that people find scary is the initial vertical climb.

For years I was a coaster sissy. Now, I'm working my way up. This past Saturday was my first ride on RRR. I have been on every other WDW coaster, but that's about it.

I will say RRR is the most intense ride I've been on. I found it pretty smooth with the exception of when you get to the top of a hill...ya kinda fly out of your seat. You really don't feel like you are ever upside down, and it seems like after a few inital fast runs, it slows down a bit and you can find your bearings.

I loved it. I was a bit wobbly afterwards and needed to take a seat, but man...it was a fun ride, great music, and a good time.

Tell her to try it. You won't get hurt.

Update:

She went on the coaster - I had to give her a "Doom Pass" so for the rest of the trip she didn't have to go on Doom fear fall.

She said the most anxious part was the first hill, after that she was able to enjoy the rest of the ride. She said she didn't feel like it went upside down (even though it doesn't). She didn't know how the twist and turn on the 'loop' would effect her. She didn't get dizzy or rattled around.. but I think she has to remember to breathe next time and not be so nervous :scared: next time for that first hill.

She was fine after the trip and didn't feel sick or disoriented like on FJ, or other motion simulator type rides. She equated it to Doom - first part is stressful after that it is fun.

She didn't go back on the ride, but I think I can get her on once per trip now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter