RIP Kirstie Alley

RIP. She was great in Star Trek II as the half-Vulcan, half-Romulan Lt. Saavik, and as the abolitionist zealot Virgilia Hazard in 1985's "North and South".

I loved her in North and South, she had one of the better plotlines. Beautiful.

RIP. She was great in Star Trek II as the half-Vulcan, half-Romulan Lt. Saavik, and as the abolitionist zealot Virgilia Hazard in 1985's "North and South".

Yes, I loved her in both of these. In North and South, from her emotional intensity when her husband was taken away, you could tell, this was an intense, upcoming actress to be on the watch for. As Lt. Saavik, she had some attitude. She didn't play a generic Vulcan.

I immediately thought of Maks. They had such a connection on DWTS and continued their friendship afterwards.

Kirstie being on DWTS elevated the show. She was the first still current A-Lister star the show had. As she proved that even being an older "fat actress" (the name of her TV show afterward,) that she wasn't one to be under-estimated or sidelined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter