Rides to Skip?

Mommy26

Mouseketeer
I know we all love all the rides, but I can't possibly go on all of them.

I have an 8yo girl a 5 yo girl and a 1 yo boy.

Is there anything I need to steer clear of?

Are there any rides that are just ho humm. ?

Hmmmm, that's a hard question because what might be ho hum for me, might be super awesome for someone else.

The ones I choose to skip (if I have to) are the following:

Roger Rabbit
Gaget's Go-Coaster
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Canoes
Tarzan's Treehouse
Astro Orbitor (that ride just hurts)
California Dreams (not really a ride, but boooor-ing)
Sun Wheel (aka PURE EVIL)
It's Tough to be a Bug (scary for little kids, and even my bigger kids)
Bumper Cars in Bug's Land
Golden Zephyr

That's about it.

Yes, skip the rides with 2 hour lines that nobody is dead-set on going on that you couldn't get a fast pass for.

I actually liked Honey I Shrunk. Then again, it was the first time I saw it. :)

Innoventions is just a big videogame room, IMO.

If I am with kids I try to avoid Innoventions--we once got stuck in there with a 7 year old for TWO hours. It was torture. Last time we went with her (she was 9) she kept asking "what's in there?" and all five adults kept steering away from the building--LOL! poor kid!

Rides we usually skip:
-Dumbo (not worth the line for such a short ride, however with younger ones, I would not skip it)
-King Arthur Carousel (just a carousel)
-Mad Tea Party (just teacups)
-Astro Orbitor (Dumbo with a different theme)
-Innoventions (biggest waste of space ever)
-HISTA (old and outdated)
-Tarzan's Treehouse (been there, done that)
-Mark Twain/Sailing Ship Columbia/Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes (a circle around an island? No thanks)

And at DCA:
-Golden Dreams (no real interest)
-King Triton's Carousel (see King Arthur Carousel)
-A Bug's Land rides (HOWEVER, I highly recommend not skipping them with little kids)
-Sun Wheel (overrated)

I obviously don't know your kids and how scared they get, but here are some rides that might scare them (maybe not the 8yo, possibly the 5yo, probably the 1yo):
-Snow White
-Pinocchio
-Mr. Toad? (a couple scary scenes, but not throughout the entire ride)
-Matterhorn* (scary yeti in a couple places)
-Indy* (very intense ridewise and themewise and loud)
-Haunted Mansion (scary opening and dark throughout the entire ride, gentle ride motion though)
-Honey I Shrunk the Audience and It's Tough to be Bug (scary 3D effects and in ITtbaB, some other intense effects)
-Tower of Terror* (dark, scary, thrilling)

Most other rides will be just fine.

*Height requirement so youngest one wouldn't be able to ride anyway.

DLR, for the under 6 y/o set, both carousel's are must do's. But you knew that. :yay:

Is Golden Zephyr that metal tube (rocket ship?, airplane?) that goes around a circle like Dumbo? I can't ever get my kid (DS 8) off of that thing. I think he likes to look at all the rides around the pier/lake or something.

DLR, for the under 6 y/o set, both carousel's are must do's. But you knew that. :yay:

Is Golden Zephyr that metal tube (rocket ship?, airplane?) that goes around a circle like Dumbo? I can't ever get my kid (DS 8) off of that thing. I think he likes to look at all the rides around the pier/lake or something.

I know. Such simple rides that you can ride at almost any amusement park. But IMO (I am not 6yo :upsidedow ) compared to the other rides at DL, the two carousels are ho hum.

Our 8 year old dd asked that we skip the Bugs Life area on our trip this year because she found it boring when she was 6. I would like to suggest though if you need a place to relax and take a bit of a break and depending on the time of year you go skipping Honey I Shrunk the Audience could be a big mistake. We skipped it on previous trips and on our last one we found it was a great place to rest up in an air conditioned somewhat comfy seat! The kids loved the show and we enjoyed getting off our feet for a few minutes.

Yes, it is!!! My 2 1/2 year old DS wanted to go on it over and over and over! Same with astro orbitor---good thing DH and I don't get dizzy easily!;)

To the O.P.

We don't skip much because we usually do 5 day passes, and we don't go every year either. Under those circumstances, and with several kids under 13, here is what we will skip:

Innoventions
Canoes
Golden Dreams
wish we'd skipped HISTA--kids didn't enjoy too much.

I always skip Star Tours, so I won't have a ragin' headache. That ride just murders my head!;)

This year we skipped Tom Sawyer Island, and The playground in DCA. (My 2 year old is a terror, and I wanted a little more control over his whereabouts:scared1: )

I have no intentions of ever doing star tours. I'm not a big fan of the canoes either. It's a do once kinda thing. Another one I don't care for, the treehouse.........not sure why just hate how crazy some kids get on that thing. I always wonder where the parents are :confused3 .

Another one I don't care for, the treehouse.........not sure why just hate how crazy some kids get on that thing. I always wonder where the parents are :confused3 .

They're at the bottom eating a churro! :lmao:

As in "You go ahead up those 784 stairs, Johnny, your mother and I will be waiting down here when you're done." :rolleyes1

They're at the bottom eating a churro! :lmao:

As in "You go ahead up those 784 stairs, Johnny, your mother and I will be waiting down here when you're done." :rolleyes1

Hey!! ....I resemble that remark! :rolleyes1

:lmao:

:faint: I thought I knew you! I just sent you a map! And you have no intentions of doing my favorite ride. :faint:

:flower3:

Trust me I'm doing the CM's a favor....they'd be cleaning my area with a hose if you know what I mean. :headache:
It would not be a pretty sight! Hope the mailman came already :rotfl2:

We finally did most of the rides in the Paradise Pier part of DCA, and, aside from Screamin', I could skip all of them for any future trips. Well, I did like Golden Zephyr, and we were able to just stay on it and ride it a few times in a row, which was kind of fun. But, Mullholland Madness and the Jelly Fish ride were definitely not worth the wait, and my husband said Maliboomer was something he won't repeat. (He almost didn't ride it at all after seeing someone's cell phone fall out of their pocket while they were on the ride. It shattered right in front of him. :eek:) I didn't find the Sun Wheel to be worth the wait, and the moving gondola was definitely queasy making. My older son and I did ride the Orange Stinger, but you can do swing rides at almost any state/county fair, so it wasn't that exciting.

Before we had our daughter we never left anything out, we liked everything just for the mere fact we were at Disney. Well I did, dh just went along with what I wanted to do:) . Now that we have our 4 year old we skip the Haunted Mansion, Snow White and Pinocchio. Just for the fact that I don't want to have to explain those to her yet. Actually I take it back, before DD normally we skipped the Haunted Mansion unless it had the holiday overlay. It still freaks me out, lol.princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter