rides in the rain?

GSLand

Mouseketeer
looks we will probably have rain for our visit next week - it's OK - we are still at Disney World!
Do the outside rides like EE, Big Thunder Railroad, Splash Mountain, others, still run in the rain? :confused:

I happened to ride BTR during a sudden rain storm. I thought it was so funny to be pelted by rain (it almost hurt!) because we were going so fast! It made me laugh like a crazy woman.

So, yes!

We wil be there next week too!!!!!! Let me figure out which day we will be at MGM and I will let you know which day it is going to rain.:confused3 . It always rains when we go to MGM!:goodvibes . It really does not look too bad for next week. Several days 40% showeres and at WDW a shower can last only a few minutes. The only ride I know that always closes in the rain is test track but depending on things like lighting others can close too. We never stop because of rain. We take wind suits for that day, (jeans are too yucky when wet), we wear ponchos with a cap under it to direct the rain off the face and wear crocks. We really have only had one day on pure rain on our winter trips, Yep, MGM when it rained for the entire 8 hours we were there. Still had fun!!!!!!!

Hope to see you there. It is snowing at my house right now!!!1

MsSandra

thanks for the encouraging words. We're having snow right now too.
Looking forward to being a little warmer in FL :banana:

Stay off the train during the rain. We were riding the train from Toon Town to Main Street when it started to rain. When the rails get wet the wheels of the train would slip causing the train to barely creep along. It took what seemed forever.

Lightning will cause Disney to shut down more rides than a little rain.

If you happen to be in Tomorrowland when it starts to rain, head for Tomorrowland Transit Authority and get on the people mover. The people tend to scatter once the rain starts and if there is nobody in line, the cast members have let us stay on and ride again, and again, and again. It is a nice way to stay dry without having to sit in one place waiting for the rain to stop.
I could only take 4 trips around. Once more and I would have jumped.

As long as there is no lightening, the rides still go! If there is lightening, the outside rides must wait 20 minutes after each flash before starting up again.

On our Grand Gathering this summer all 13 of us (from 12 year old cousin to 70 year old Grandma) went on BTMRR and just as the we starting clicking up the mountain, we heard the skies open up in down pour. This was during Tropical Storm Alberto, so some of us had ponchos on anyway. I put my hood up, held it tight around my face and off we went!! It was absolutely hysterical. :lmao: All of us so close together on the train and knowing there was nothing we could do about the deluge...I had never laughed so hard in my life!! My beautiful aunt's mascara had smeared from her eyes down her face, in her hair and onto her poncho. Then we decided since we were absolutely soaked anyway (btw, the poncho hood did *nothing* to help :rotfl2: ) we went on SM. When we went through the line the CM asked how many there were, we said 10 (Grandma & a few others bowed out of this one) he said "are you serious?" "yep!" and he allowed all 10 of us to ride in one log! 3 and 3 in the front 2, 2 and 2 in back.

All this to say, heavy rain + thrill rides + Disney magic = memories your family will relive every time you get together!! :rotfl: Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter