• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rides close at the end of evening EMH?

bellarinah

Always a tone of surprise!
I was at MK last night with evening Extra Magic Hour from 11pm to 1am. Walked in Big Thunder at 12.55am and boarded the ride vehicle at 12.59am. As soon as the lap bar came down and we were ready to take off, the lap bar came back up and everybody was told to leave, including people in the queue. I'm just wondering if this is a common practice for EMH. I never have a problem with walking into the queue the last minute of regular operating hour to ride. Also, all the shops were closed as well once we got to Main Street ten minutes later.

Generally, yes.

And, the stores, too.

Generally, yes.

And, the stores, too.
But to the point where the guests are all loaded on a ride but they shut it down and make everyone get off because the park closed? I thought they let people get in line --and actually ride the ride -- right up to park closing time.

That's strange, I also thought you would be permitted to ride if in line.
Seems wrong to let folks wait, and then deny the ride!

I was at MK last night with evening Extra Magic Hour from 11pm to 1am. Walked in Big Thunder at 12.55am and boarded the ride vehicle at 12.59am. As soon as the lap bar came down and we were ready to take off, the lap bar came back up and everybody was told to leave, including people in the queue. I'm just wondering if this is a common practice for EMH. I never have a problem with walking into the queue the last minute of regular operating hour to ride. Also, all the shops were closed as well once we got to Main Street ten minutes later.
Shops do close IMMEDIATELY at the end of PM EMH(Guests already in the Shops are allowed to finish their shopping).

Either a VERY recent Policy change(which I can't imagine!) or something else was going on with the line-Guests in line at the end of PM EMH have always been allowed to ride just like for Regular hours(although they have been known to close the line for high volume PM EMH rides a little early at times).

My family was there as well. We decided to do Mickey's Philharmonic. The sign said 5 min until next show. We went in. They didn't let us in for 10 min. We then waited until 12:58 before they started the show. I heard the attendent say to someone he seemed to training, We will hold this until last min. This same guy then sat near us, with a flashlight on, working on his clip board. The light was very annoying. I have never experienced this in any of my last trips. Also, at Epcot, we would stroll around World Showcase to let crowds deminish some. This year they had two staff members blocking people crossing the bridge. I do understand the need for the park to close, but this year we have not gotten the warm and fuzzy feels we are accustomed to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter