Rides and being pregnant?

babymaddie

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I'm assuming that some of the rides at DLP are not suitable whilst pregnant but would have warning signd so I'd now which ones I can avoid.??

Imagined that this trip would be the first one where I would at last do all the 'scarey' rides as we may never get there again (finances are tight and Hubby has just been made redundant so who knows what the future holds for us:sad1::sad1:

but the new pregnancy will put a stop to that which means we will definately have to book another trip with the new baby:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hi,

When i first went to DLP i was pregnant with my DD i was worried what i could go on, If your unsure about the warning signs to the ride I asked the CM at the entrance to the ride they were very helpful, If i was unsure about the ride i did not go on (usually ones with lap bars) Buzz, carpets, Dumbo peter pan etc are all ok. I don't do looping coasters so i did not need to worry about those either. There was loads for me to do and look at as always i still had a great time.

Cheyenne July 2006
Cheyenne June 2007
Cheyenne Sept 2008
Still working on 2009

We went a few weeks back when i was 15 and bit weeks, all the rides that you would let a 2 year old on will be fine, :thumbsup2 although if there is any that you not sure about then i wouldnt risk them. I only actually went on small world and we just had a lovely time walking round, soaking up the atmosphere and doing all the shows. you'll have a fab time and just think, next time you go back you can have double the fun! :goodvibes

We spent a day in DLRP when I was 24 weeks pregnant and it was a shockingly hot day! But it was wonderful, and DD (2.5 yrs) loves to see the photos of her in my belly at the castle.

I took the bump on Small World to start her off on the Disney parks addiction early :) Other than that we took it easy, my bump was getting big then so I didn't go on any other rides. Strolled around people watching, watched the parade, shows and took lots of rests, the area around Skull Island is great for taking it easy! Sent DH off on the big rides while I took little breaks and did some more people watching :)

Someone gave me good advice that if it is a hot day and you and your belly would like a cool break to pop into the parent & baby rooms for a while, they usually have comfy chairs in them.

Hope you have a fab time!

The way I'm going at the moment I will be needing a Disney sick bucket to carry around with me.

Wont have much of a bump to get in the way as will be about 11-12 weeks when we go but need to be careful due to my last two 15 week miscarriage - cant afford any risks so think I will be leaving the roller coasters to her dad this time.

A Disney sick bucket.... There might be a market in that idea!

Probably best to take it easy then, look at it as the perfect opportunity to spend a few days relaxing and enjoying the beautiful surroundings without having to queue for all the rides.

Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy and holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter