Rider Switch question

Disneychick75

DIS Veteran
I'm not able to ride certain things due to a physical condition. Would my husband be able to ride with one of our grandchildren and switch to ride with our other grandchild? Or does rider switch only pertain to children of a certain height?

If you are claiming you cannot wait alone.

From the Guests with Disabilities page:
Rider Switch is available for Guests who meet one of the following:

• Does not meet the boarding requirements
  • Has a service animal that cannot board the attraction or does not want to use a provided kennel
  • Meets boarding requirement and does not want to ride but cannot wait outside queue on their own

Note this is at WDW. Rider Switch at DLR is slightly different.

It isn't that I cannot wait alone. It's that both of our grandsons want to ride Guardians and I can't ride it. I was wondering if my husband would be able to ride with one grandson and then our grandsons could switch. I would wait with grandson 2 while grandson 1 rides and vice versa. We're going to just buy an Individual lightning lane for the 3. If I have to we'll pay for 4 since my husband would ride twice.

It isn't that I cannot wait alone. It's that both of our grandsons want to ride Guardians and I can't ride it. I was wondering if my husband would be able to ride with one grandson and then our grandsons could switch. I would wait with grandson 2 while grandson 1 rides and vice versa. We're going to just buy an Individual lightning lane for the 3. If I have to we'll pay for 4 since my husband would ride twice.
Unless something has changed recently, your husband can’t buy two ILL for the same ride on the same day (he cannot ride twice by purchasing individual LL’s). Both boys could go with him in the same car, if one is brave enough to ride without grandpa beside him. There are two rows of two per car.

If you are visiting Epcot on two different days then each could ride with grandpa on one day.

Unless something has changed recently, your husband can’t buy two ILL for the same ride on the same day (he cannot ride twice by purchasing individual LL’s). Both boys could go with him in the same car, if one is brave enough to ride without grandpa beside him. There are two rows of two per car.

If you are visiting Epcot on two different days then each could ride with grandpa on one day.
Thank you, we have an Epcot day and can go another day after we go to AK.

You can also try for the virtual queue in the morning. Get the virtual queue for your husband and one child, then you just need to purchase the ILL for your husband and the other child. (Each set will probably have a different return time). At first it sounds incredibly complicated, to me anyway, but after you get the hang of using VQ and ILL it’s not that bad.

You can ride GOTG twice in one day, by using the VQ and then purchasing an ILL.

You can also try for the virtual queue in the morning. Get the virtual queue for your husband and one child, then you just need to purchase the ILL for your husband and the other child. (Each set will probably have a different return time). At first it sounds incredibly complicated, to me anyway, but after you get the hang of using VQ and ILL it’s not that bad.

You can ride GOTG twice in one day, by using the VQ and then purchasing an ILL.
Thanks so much! Will be primed for 7am! I'll watch some videos on getting the VQ.

Could the 2 kids ride together in front of grandpa? Then all 3 could ride together using ILL and/or VQ?

Could the 2 kids ride together in front of grandpa? Then all 3 could ride together using ILL and/or VQ?
I suggested it Thursday night and was surprised that our 5'6" 150 lb 10 yr old grandson was the one who immediately said NO. He's in the preadolescent male knows everything tough guy stage but he is still just a big boy. Had to give him a gigantic hug after the NO.

Long story short, I don't think it will happen but I do appreciate your suggestion. Thank you!

I suggested it Thursday night and was surprised that our 5'6" 150 lb 10 yr old grandson was the one who immediately said NO. He's in the preadolescent male knows everything tough guy stage but he is still just a big boy. Had to give him a gigantic hug after the NO.

Long story short, I don't think it will happen but I do appreciate your suggestion. Thank you!
LOL--been there! My oldest DS (now 20) was absolutely terrified of everything at WDW...he would get totally anxious riding tings like HM up until he was 12! We broke him of that when we were at Disney Quest and had him do the "design a rollercoaster". He had zero-clue that what he designed was what we rode in the simulator. He was so surprised to learn he went "upside down" that he was able to ride anything from then on. He was very proud of him self when he could do the "big" rides at UOR at trip! It'll come some day for the grandkids and then you'll long for the day when they wanted to ride everything with you! 😁 Hope it all works out for your trip

LOL--been there! My oldest DS (now 20) was absolutely terrified of everything at WDW...he would get totally anxious riding tings like HM up until he was 12! We broke him of that when we were at Disney Quest and had him do the "design a rollercoaster". He had zero-clue that what he designed was what we rode in the simulator. He was so surprised to learn he went "upside down" that he was able to ride anything from then on. He was very proud of him self when he could do the "big" rides at UOR at trip! It'll come some day for the grandkids and then you'll long for the day when they wanted to ride everything with you! 😁 Hope it all works out for your trip
Thank you, we're thrilled to take them.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter