Rider swap questions for group of adults and one baby

bladiator

Disney on my mind
I know there are a ton of threads about rider swap, but most deal with families of two adults and a couple older children. I am going as a group of 4 adults (me, wife, parents-in-law) and our 1 year old.

I know that you're supposed to be able to take someone with you as a rider if you are the one with the rider swap lanyard, but do they care if that person is another adult? What is the strategy as far as FP in concerned?

My thought is that two of us have FP (say, me and FIL) and then get the rider swap lanyard for my wife, get on the ride, get out, grab the baby, and wife and MIL get on with the lanyard and don't need FPs. Is this correct? Or is it different trying to take another adult with you?

The second group of riders can be whoever you want them to be. If you and your FIL ride together you will each need a FP. When your wife and MIL ride after the swap they will not need a FP just the baby swap ticket from the CM.

I know there are a ton of threads about rider swap, but most deal with families of two adults and a couple older children. I am going as a group of 4 adults (me, wife, parents-in-law) and our 1 year old.

I know that you're supposed to be able to take someone with you as a rider if you are the one with the rider swap lanyard, but do they care if that person is another adult? What is the strategy as far as FP in concerned?

My thought is that two of us have FP (say, me and FIL) and then get the rider swap lanyard for my wife, get on the ride, get out, grab the baby, and wife and MIL get on with the lanyard and don't need FPs. Is this correct? Or is it different trying to take another adult with you?

Yes, what you have described is correct!

How many individuals are allowed on with the person that has the rider swap card? Could my FIL end up going twice if he joins wife and MIL?

How many individuals are allowed on with the person that has the rider swap card? Could my FIL end up going twice if he joins wife and MIL?

3 people can ride with the rider swap - it doesn't matter who they are, what their ages are, or how many times they've ridden before. So yes, your FIL can go twice. :-)

ETA: The rider swap typically expires at the end of the month, so the rider swap group doesn't need to ride immediately after the first group - they can even ride a different day. (I wasn't sure by your description if you knew that.)

3 people can ride with the rider swap - it doesn't matter who they are, what their ages are, or how many times they've ridden before. So yes, your FIL can go twice. :-)

ETA: The rider swap typically expires at the end of the month, so the rider swap group doesn't need to ride immediately after the first group - they can even ride a different day. (I wasn't sure by your description if you knew that.)
Awesome information. This will be my parents-in-law only trip to WDW probably, so doubling up the rides will be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter