Ride Swap/ 7DMT

nikkispurrell

Earning My Ears
Has anyone used ride swap on this one? It's not listed on Disney's website and I really want to do it!

Also, since we were ride swapping DH/DS were going to book their FP+ then I was going to ride with DS using the ride swap (no FP+). Would this given me any issues?

Thanks all :)

Has anyone used ride swap on this one? It's not listed on Disney's website and I really want to do it!

Also, since we were ride swapping DH/DS were going to book their FP+ then I was going to ride with DS using the ride swap (no FP+). Would this given me any issues?

Thanks all :)

According to the prep school website, you can do this, at least as of 2016. And dwarves train is not listed on the official site, but it must be one of the rides because Disney bases it on minimum heights.

You can ride swap on anything that has a height restriction, including 7DMT. We used it last year. Hit it first thing in the morning, got the child swap, then my wife and daughters rode it later in the afternoon. Used correctly, and legally (in the moral sense, not the law sense), child swap can make a normal trip into an outstanding one. My daughters loved riding twice on certain rides.

You can ride swap on anything that has a height restriction, including 7DMT. We used it last year. Hit it first thing in the morning, got the child swap, then my wife and daughters rode it later in the afternoon. Used correctly, and legally (in the moral sense, not the law sense), child swap can make a normal trip into an outstanding one. My daughters loved riding twice on certain rides.
Thanks for your response! So you're wife didn't need a FP? I was hoping I wouldn't have to use it, so I could take my daughter to a FP meet & greet and then ride later?

Do you have to present the pass? Or do you scan it?

Thanks for your response! So you're wife didn't need a FP? I was hoping I wouldn't have to use it, so I could take my daughter to a FP meet & greet and then ride later?

they give you a paper pass and for this ride they must see the child not going on it. the pass as fair as Iknow is good until the end of the month so you can use it a few days latter.

They didn't make her scan her MB.

Some CMs want to see the child. Some do not.

When you reach the end of the queue they give you a paper fast pass. It kind of looks like a movie ticket. You can then use this anytime in the next 30 days usually.

We might do 7DMT on day 1 and get the child swap pass. Then on our 2nd day in MK use the pass.

They didn't make her scan her MB.

Some CMs want to see the child. Some do not.

When you reach the end of the queue they give you a paper fast pass. It kind of looks like a movie ticket. You can then use this anytime in the next 30 days usually.

We might do 7DMT on day 1 and get the child swap pass. Then on our 2nd day in MK use the pass.
So you have to wait until you have gone through the line to get the ride swap pass? I thought I could approach a CM outside the line so I wouldn't have to have my own FP?

So you have to wait until you have gone through the line to get the ride swap pass? I thought I could approach a CM outside the line so I wouldn't have to have my own FP?

I've done this at 7DMT 4 times when my DD was under the height restriction. You do get the rider swap pass from the CM at the first FP+ tapstile but you do not have to scan for your FP+ if you're not riding. So I've always split my family of 4 and booked a different FP+ for DW and DD to use. Then DW and DS ride 7DMT later on the swap pass.

You don't need a fastpass. You don't go thru the line. Just go to CM and ask for a rider swap. Have the child with you. They will give you a paper fastpass good for anytime that day. That is what we do. I always book Winnie the Pooh for the little one and we ride that while our group rides SDMT. Then I ride it SDMT with my older grandchild using the paper fastpass so she gets to ride twice.

Yes that's correct. You don't need to make a FP for the adult that is NOT riding the first time around.

Sounds like you are a family of 4 with one child that is too short to ride. Hopefully this clarifies the process a little bit:
1.Make FP for 7DMT for only 2 of you (one adult and the older child)
2.Whole family approaches the FP line.
3.Ask Castmember for a Rider Swap pass.
4.The 2 family members that have the FP scan their Bands and will be given a Rider Swap pass as they enter the line.(for some attractions they will be given a lanyard and instructed to give the lanyard to the next Castmember at the end of the line who then gives them the actual paper Rider Swap pass)
5.The remaining 2 family members that are not riding can do whatever they want while waiting.(I suggest having a FP for a nearby attraction such as Winnie the Pooh)
6.When first 2 family members exit 7DMT they will have the Rider Swap pass that is good for up to 3 people to ride 7DMT again via the FP line with just that single pass.
7.This means that for a family of 4 with one child that is too short to ride, the older child gets to ride twice (once with each parent, or twice with the same parent, etc.)

When used effectively, you will quickly realize that Rider Swap can be a beautiful thing. It is essentially extra FastPasses for your entire family, well actually everyone except the "too short" child as they are not able to ride the attractions with the height requirements. To quote another poster on another thread, "Just be sure to tell that "too short" child how special they are!"

Last edited:
Yes that's correct. You don't need to make a FP for the adult that is NOT riding the first time around.

Sounds like you are a family of 4 with one child that is too short to ride. Hopefully this clarifies the process a little bit:
1.Make FP for 7DMT for only 2 of you (one adult and the older child)
2.Whole family approaches the FP line.
3.Ask Castmember for a Rider Swap pass.
4.The 2 family members that have the FP scan their Bands and will be given a Rider Swap pass as they enter the line.(for some attractions they will be given a lanyard and instructed to give the lanyard to the next Castmember at the end of the line who then gives them the actual paper Rider Swap pass)
5.The remaining 2 family members that are not riding can do whatever they want while waiting.(I suggest having a FP for a nearby attraction such as Winnie the Pooh)
6.When first 2 family members exit 7DMT they will have the Rider Swap pass that is good for up to 3 people to ride 7DMT again via the FP line with just that single pass.
7.This means that for a family of 4 with one child that is too short to ride, the older child gets to ride twice (once with each parent, or twice with the same parent, etc.)

When used effectively, you will quickly realize that Rider Swap can be a beautiful thing. It is essentially extra FastPasses for your entire family, well actually everyone except the "too short" child as they are not able to ride the attractions with the height requirements. To quote another poster on another thread, "Just be sure to tell that "too short" child how special they are!"
Just to add one thing the pass is good until the end of the month. So if you go on the 30 it will be good ( if the month has 31 days) until the next day. But if you go on the first it will be good until the end of the month.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter