RFID at CBR?

LoriABil

DIS Veteran
I just saw they are converting doors at the Caribbean Beach Resort to take the new RFID keys. Anyone currently staying or recently returned have news on this?

I am just curious, because I have no idea how the RFID thing works, besides needing to wear an aluminum hat according to some on these boards! :upsidedow

It's really a minor change in preparation of FP+ (which is supposedly being announced December 6 or 7).

Basically, instead of inserting your room key into a slot, you just tap your key up against the lock on the door. It's a bit more convenient if you ask me.

Oh and it doesn't require any sort of headgear or such!;)

We were at BWV last week where they already have the RFID door locks. The only thing different from your perspective is that instead of sliding your KTTW card into a slot on the door, you instead tap it onto a plate where the slot used to be. It was very easy to use.

CSR has it now too. We were just there 10/11-16 and it was very easy to use. No bracelet, just the normal KTTW card.

I LOVE the RFID cards!! I was able to leave my card in my lanyard holder and just tap that to open the door.. Was great if you had your hands full or you just didnt want to dig the card out..

I love them. If my hands are full, I can just lean in close to the sensor, and it works. We don't actually have to touch anything, just have the card an inch or 2 from the sensor. Of course, our doors also open automatically when we do this......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter