reviews of tomorrowland skyline lounge

adznyfan

Earning My Ears
hi

has anyone booked the tomorrowland skyline lounge? if you book at 8 can you stay to watch the fireworks? any thoughts?

thanks

cindy

We thought about doing this for a good view of the fireworks, but ultimately decided against it because of the high chance of fireworks getting cancelled. I wouldn't book it specifically for fireworks, because it would be a huge bummer if they cancelled it. But if you're looking for a couple hours out of the crowds with snacks and drinks then it would be a good deal (and if they had the fireworks, it could be considered a plus!).

in the description it says glimpse of fireworks - was thinking of booking to see the fireworks and if not cancelled how good of a view are the fireworks ? don't want just a glimpse but want a pretty much full on - any thoughts?

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/tomorrowland-skyline-lounge/

This is my own opinion:

I went when it first opened, and it happened that there were no fireworks that night. In my opinion, it's not worth it. It's a cute concept, but it is expensive for a two-hour stay up in the "mezzanine outdoor lounge area." If I wasn't an annual passholder it would be even less of a value. Now, you do get chargers at your tables to charge whatever phones you have, and you get 1960/1970 inspired snacks, plus there are game boards, Jenga... up there and Mickey and Minnie do make an appearance so you can take pictures. Also, you can play with light sabers up there. However, I can take pictures for free in the park, and get Hostess treats at the store.

If you do get fireworks you'll see a portion of them, and I don't think you'll see projections; and they say that you can leave and come back. If I am paying for two hours to be at that lounge then the only time I'm leaving is to go to the restroom, which you do have to do because there is no restroom up there (that really was a non-issue, though).

Maybe it's fun with a group of friends or that special somebody, but personally, I'd rather put my money towards a nice dinner, Walk in Walts Footsteps tour, or a souvenir. Now, if money is no object then I can see someone who's been to Disneyland a few times wanting to do something different. A friend of mine went not too long after I did with her daughter, and they both enjoyed it.

I don't go to Disneyland to get away from everyone, so, bottom line, it's not something I'd be willing to pay for again.

upload_2018-9-9_10-58-38.png upload_2018-9-9_11-0-22.png upload_2018-9-9_11-1-26.png upload_2018-9-9_11-2-28.png upload_2018-9-9_11-3-2.png upload_2018-9-9_11-4-41.png upload_2018-9-9_11-5-11.png upload_2018-9-9_11-5-42.png upload_2018-9-9_11-7-57.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-9_11-4-39.png
    upload_2018-9-9_11-4-39.png
    443.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

thanks for the info! looks fun but for me i agree not worth the $50/per person (for me at least)

I can't find my pictures, but it looks like Mary Jo has it covered.

DH and I tried this when we were there on a short trip the week before Christmas last year, but honestly, it was a bit boring just sitting there and waiting for what turned out to be a fairly obscured view of the fireworks. In the past few years, we've developed a taste for sit-and-eat tickets over sit-and-wait to claim a spot for shows and fireworks, it we both agreed this one is not worth the time or money, just based on the overall experience. As Mary Jo said, we'd rather spend money on a great dinner or keepsake.

For a very similar "glimpse" of the fireworks with a much lower or zero price tag, you can sit at the tables by Galactic Grill and watch the show, looking toward the Matterhorn. Almost same view, just lower down. If you want to eat a meal or snack whlie watching fireworks, this would be one way to do it.

As far as I can see, the biggest deal about it would seem to be the opportunity to get pix with Mickey and Minnie together. I don't know anywhere else where you can get them both - even when we went to the Surf's Up breakfast (before it changed), we couldn't get them together even though they were both there. We even asked Minnie if we could get a picture with her and Mickey (who was just milling about at the front of the restaurant, not with anyone), and she demurred.

We did it in July. No mickey or Minnie appearance.... but we did get goofy. This part is never guaranteed so don't book just for a character appearance/interaction.

Sounds like a bust. That's too bad. I was hoping to get to sit down and watch fireworks. Thanks for the heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter