Reviews for Teppan Edo in Japan

My family LOVED Teppan Edo. The food was delicious and the experience was great. The Teppan Chefs do a great job entertaining you while you're food is being prepared. My three kids aren't adventerous eaters (and for them a Japanese steakhouse is adventerous) but they thought it was great. In fact they requested it again on our next trip.

Be aware that you are seated at tables that seat around 10 people so depending on the size of your party you will be seated with strangers. In our case we were seated by a family that was from the town in which we live what are the odds?) and we enjoyed talking with them.

At Teppen Edo its actually a table of 8, not 10.

Teppan Edo has delicious food. I always order the filet and LOVE it. Noodles, dipping sauce, and dessert is all wonderful. Chefs are great. My son and I love it. Never had a bad meal there. Its always consisitently delish.

Teppan tables seat 8 not 10
We love Teppan Edo and go most trips. However it gets mixed reviews here on the DIS. Many feel that they have as good, if not better, Japanese Steakhouses near their home. I find Teppan Edo far superior to any in our area. They do not include salad and they do not serve Fried Rice, which many rage about. Fried Rice is a Chinese food, not authentic Japanese. Teppan Edo serves the traditional white rice.
I have found the food to consistently be delicious and the serving size is genrerous. The chefs entertain, although they do differ from each other, some are better than others.
I highly recommend Teppan Edo

My family loves it - lots to choose from, prepared well. Delicious and filling. Cool atmosphere. Kids love the shop downstairs. A fun dinner!

My family has always enjoyed eating there. It is about the same as any Japanese steak house. Very entertaining and the food is good. We have meet some really nice people during dinner who were at our table. Overall it's a really nice experience.

Enjoy The Magic!!

If you have a hibachi restaurant at home that you love, there are a few significant differences:

The menu is much more limited. The meat selections are very basic.
Soup and salad are not included with the entree and must be purchased separately.
Fried rice is not offered - steamed rice only.

If you don't have a hometown Japanese steakhouse and would not be overly disappointed by the differences at Teppan Edo (the lack of fried rice is apparently a major dealbreaker for some), then it is a good way to sample Japanese hibachi cooking.

Love Teppan Edo. We eat at a Japanese hibachi restaurant about once a month in our hometown. Teppan Edo has noodles where ours here doesn't, so that is a nice change. I get the filet every time and it's delicious!

I have no complaints about the food or service whatsoever. As alluded to above, we are in that group of people that has a "better" version close to home, so we don't visit Teppan Edo, as it doesn't give enough of that "unique Disney feel" that we crave. Aside from that reason, it would be on our rotation, as the food is quite good in comparison to many of the Epcot restaurants which have slipped over the years.

Teppen Edo is similar to any hibachi place you will find in your hometown but i feel like its higher quality ingredients and the atmosphere is much much better. We went for the first time this year and plan to go again next year. The thing I enjoyed the most was it was a change of pace from eating heavy all week, we left satisfied but not tired and weighed down from the heavy meals that seems to be the norm.

Thank you everyone! I love Japanese steakhouses. We live in a small town and don't have one near by. I have been to a lot of them. We will put this on our will do list. Don't mind the white rice glad they keep authentic

Hi We tried this for the first time in May and it was DELISH.. Hubs had the steak and chicken combo and I had the chicken and shrimp.. oh YUM.. we had one of the Lady grill cooks she was funny and the food was cooked exactly to our liking (well Hubs steak) No salad or soup included but then Hubs never eats the soup and I never eat the salad (don't like the dressing) at our hometown one so no big deal for us.. I thought the green tea pudding was to die for! it's been added as must do for us now..

space mountain kid .. love your pic in your siggie!!

We thought TE was just "ok". My kids were very impressed with the chefs, but not with the food. If you do eat there, just be sure to let your server/chef know what you like/don't like. They put sesame seeds on everything at the end, and my kids really didn't like those. It wasn't terrible for my husband and I, but I can think of better options at EPCOT. I'm glad we were able to try it, but we probably wouldn't go back.
On a side note, my husband got the green tea dessert and thought it was disgusting! Nothing like gagging over dessert!
Best of luck to you no matter what you choose. If you choose TE, you WILL be entertained.

Love Teppan Edo. We eat at a Japanese hibachi restaurant about once a month in our hometown. Teppan Edo has noodles where ours here doesn't, so that is a nice change. I get the filet every time and it's delicious!

Same-bump up to filet (I like it with scallops).

Would love to try..input please

I like Teppan, but I'm a local, and locally I prefer Kobe. I'm not sure if your driving or on the DDP but there is a Kobe located about 2 miles from DTD. For about the same amount of cash, Kobe will knock your socks off and you'll get oodles of food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter