Review : Riding In Monorail Nose With The Driver June 2018

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
For the last number of years Ive tried to do this but every time I got to the Monorail in Tomorrowland it was down. You need to keep an eye on the Disneyland App and the weather for the day. The Disneyland Monorail carriages do not have air conditioning so when the temperatures rise, usually between 1pm and 5pm, they dont run the Monorail.

This year I watched the time and arrived at the Monorail about 12pm. I saw a crowd of people waiting for the next Monorail. You can spread out along the barrier, you do not have to wait behind anyone. People just wait around the gate opening, so if there is space along the platform, just walk past people.

I saw a CM and and asked about riding in the front with the driver.
I was told someone had already requested this so I would have to wait for the next train. That was ok to me, the platform area is under shade so I took some photos of Nemos Ride pool while I waited.

When the second Monorail arrived, I was surprised to find I was the only one who had requested to ride with the driver.

There is space for about 6 people, who sit on bench style seats which curve around the front window. Unfortunately there is no space for a stroller / wheelchair/ EVC.

Unlike the carriages, there is air conditioning in the drivers area/ front of the monorail.

I had a great chat with the female driver on the way to Downtown Disney. At Downtown Disney, she switched out to a male driver. I requested to stay for the round trip and I was joined by a party of 4 adults.

On the return to Tomorrowland I again chatted to the male driver, the other people were not really chatty people, I think they didnt like that I was there!

The nose of the monorail with the drivers door open and other people inside

monorail nose.JPG

The drivers seat in the Monorail

monorail drivers seat.JPG

View from the front

monorail view.JPG

CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO MY MAIN JUNE 2018 TRIP REPORT

This is something I'd like to do. Seen many positive reviews for it =]
Shame about the adults on the ride back. I'm not a big talker and can be really shy. I would've probably really enjoyed listening to your chat with the driver if not taken part myself. At the least, you'd've had lots of smiles from me. A product of working in customer service: I smile at everyone!!

This is something I'd like to do. Seen many positive reviews for it =]
Shame about the adults on the ride back. I'm not a big talker and can be really shy. I would've probably really enjoyed listening to your chat with the driver if not taken part myself. At the least, you'd've had lots of smiles from me. A product of working in customer service: I smile at everyone!!

just watch the time and the temperature that day, I would say morning time before 12pm would be the best time :)

the 4 adults were the well dressed, older kind, affluent type of people. I guess me in causal clothes,wearing an Im Graduating Mickey Ears hat and looking alot younger than I am, they just didnt think I was someone they had anything in common with.

I'll keep that in mind. Not til mid October but I know it can still get pretty hot around then. And it's still silly. You had Disney on common!! They were probably upset they didn't get the cabin to themselves what with being a party of 4.

I'm surprised they loaded the party of 4 in with you. It's usually restricted to 4 guests total. They sometimes don't let people ride in the front cab even if the monorail is running. If you look to the right of the front cab door above the buttons if there is a magnet attached that says DNL it means they aren't letting people ride with the driver. I've done this several times and I have also ridden in the back cab which is usually almost always open to ride in if they are running the monorail.

Last July, we rode up front (3 adult women in our 50s). This was DD to Tomorrowland, we wanted to get out there. When we arrived at Tomorrowland, the driver asked if we wanted to sit in the drivers seat! I said, OF COURSE WE DO. We all took photos in the driver's seat, lol.

And yes, it is usually 4 total. And sometimes they only take people at Tomorrowland for a RT ride, and tell guests at DD no. It all depends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter