Reusing a refillable mug from a previous trip

• Evil

• Acceptable

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleGirl

Perpetual Planner
I just read my first Mug thread and learned that this is a heated topic on this board. So lets have a poll.... Evil or Acceptable?

Why is this topic so hot?

Why do you feel the way you do?

popcorn::

When I bought my mug in 1999, I was sure it was good on the next visit. I brought it back in 2000.

I'm going again this year, but I'm just going to buy a new one.

As long as it doesn't infringe on me having a nice vacation, I don't really care what anyone else does.

Who knows, maybe next year Disney will have their own section of "previously enjoyed mugs" to purchase in the food courts. :lmao:

I just read my first Mug thread and learned that this is a heated topic on this board. So lets have a poll.... Evil or Acceptable?

Why is this topic so hot?

Why do you feel the way you do?

popcorn::

This becomes a hot topic when some posters start accusing other posters of stealing, being cheap, teaching their kids to "break the rules" and being sneaky. A few posters point out that they are living with the rules that were in place when their initial mug was bought. Some posters believe they are just being "thrifty".

What is acceptable and unacceptable depends on the poster. What is your point of view?

Terms like "Evil" I save for psychopaths and pool hoppers. lol

What is acceptable and unacceptable depends on the poster. What is your point of view?

I don't really care one way or another. I have a mug from last January that I might bring. I like to use them at home, so I wouldn't mind buying another one. Whatever. I certainly don't mind if some one else reuses a mug. It doesn't affect my vacation and it's environmentally friendly.

Terms like "Evil" I save for psychopaths and pool hoppers. lol
Wait! I thought pool hoppping was allowed in Disney! I guess this is only within your resort category.... Wouldn't want those value citizens mixing it with the deluxers! :rotfl:

Oh the pool hopping -- it is not allowed within resort categories except within specific circumstances -- you cannot hop from Poly to the Beach Club, but you can hop between the Port Orleans resorts.

I know I shouldn't have responded, but I just had to! Pool hopping is such a hot button!

We would not reuse mugs, but if other people do it - then so be it - that's for Disney to worry about & not us.

It's all fun and games until someone gets caught!!:lmao: :lmao:

Personally, I don't care what anyone else does mug-wise because it has zero impact on me or my vacation. But that's just me.:thumbsup2

I have never given this much thought till this year. We have stayed at various resorts in the past and have bought the mugs to use and as souvies. However, this year with all the mugs looking the same, I have to admit I am thinking of carrying last years model back with me. I know deep down that it is wrong, but that is over $40 that I can spend on my girls, and, I really don't want another set of the same mugs.

We've purchased new every time. But every time its been a different design. With Disney going to the genero-mug, well... it certainly removes part of the incentive for buying new every time. :confused3

This thread is closed. The DIS does not promote the breaking of rules at WDW. There is a policy for the refillable mugs. They are good for the length of stay in which you purchased them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!