• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Return of Canadian Resident Discount

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Do we think there is ANY chance of a Canadian resident discount being released this fall if the border opens back up?

I'm assuming there will not be a discount for sure unless they are allowed to go back to 100% capacity. Even then, I think they will be able to fill the parks fairly well without offering discounts at the beginning.

The 50th starts October 1st so I highly doubt there will be much in the way of discounts for anyone. Resorts are currently near capacity.
Ooh I forgot about the 50th... hmm. A lot will depend what they plan to do in terms of entertainment.
We’ll see, they have some pretty aggressive discounts this Spring so maybe just maybe they will release SOMETHING for later in the year. Maybe not specifically for Canadians but some other special. There will still some hesitation from a lot people to travel and Disney can’t just rely on the locals. However now that I think about it, maybe discounts in the Fall are unlikely. If things open up in Canada I guess we’ll be paying full price then :(
Hoping at least the dollar will be good, seems to be getting better.

The 50th starts October 1st so I highly doubt there will be much in the way of discounts for anyone. Resorts are currently near capacity.

I honestly don't think the 50th is going to be the driver that it would have been pre-Covid. Most of the special stuff planned has been axed.

I honestly don't think the 50th is going to be the driver that it would have been pre-Covid. Most of the special stuff planned has been axed.
Nothing has been ‘axed’ that far in the future. They have announced nothing for the 50th right now other than the start date. There are an enormous amount of Disney fans that will be there regardless of what’s available....they just need to be there to mark the occasion. I agree that it will be low key in comparison to what it might have been. Part of that due to park capacity. However, it’s Disney that has imposed the capacity limit so I’d be willing to bet that they will significantly raise or remove it all together by the fall.

We have Canadian tix that we’re bought for Aug 2020 trip, and are only extended to this Sept 2021. We had rebooked for Aug 2021 but now that trip is most likely down the drain and will have to rebook for Aug 2022.
I hope since our border remains closed they’ll extend the tickets again.

I hope both WDW & DL continue to offer Canadian tickets. I think they will.

We have Canadian tix that we’re bought for Aug 2020 trip, and are only extended to this Sept 2021. We had rebooked for Aug 2021 but now that trip is most likely down the drain and will have to rebook for Aug 2022.
I hope since our border remains closed they’ll extend the tickets again.

I hope both WDW & DL continue to offer Canadian tickets. I think they will.

Hello,

we also purchased cnd resident tickets in 2020, they were extended to Sept 2021 but we have no plans to travel until possibly April 2022.

were you able to get your tickets extended to 2022 under the cnd resident price you originally paid?
Thanks!!
Ashley

we also purchased cnd resident tickets in 2020, they were extended to Sept 2021 but we have no plans to travel until possibly April 2022.
were you able to get your tickets extended to 2022 under the cnd resident price you originally paid?
Thanks!!
Ashley

I was dealing with this this morning. We had to pay the difference on the price of each ticket. No extensions.

I was dealing with this this morning. We had to pay the difference on the price of each ticket. No extensions.
Ugh I was on the phone for 40min and got to the same conclusion, I don’t feel like we should have to pay the difference. Hoping to escalate and get a different answer:)

Ugh I was on the phone for 40min and got to the same conclusion, I don’t feel like we should have to pay the difference. Hoping to escalate and get a different answer:)

If you get anywhere let us know.
I agree, it's not like I didn't want to come down.

If you get anywhere let us know.
I agree, it's not like I didn't want to come down.

will do!
Exactly, and technically the borders are still closed for Canadians to drive to the US so if the park is open and we wanted to come prior to the tickets expiring, we couldn’t. We should be penalized for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter