• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Return flight times?

deblup

Earning My Ears
We're booked on a 1-week cruise next April. When we did a 3-day in 2002, we got back to the Orlando airport pretty fast and I thought we could've gotten an earlier flight. Disney recommends not booking a flight before 12:30 or 1 PM, but there's a flight leaving at 11:55 AM, the next at 3:50 PM. I'm pretty sure we'd be there in time for the 11:55 flight. The 2002 security was already pretty tight post 9/11, but what do you recent cruisers think? Thanks!!

We only arrived at our gate 25 minutes before boarding for a 1pm flight. The line at the counter was quite long and security took nearly 30 minutes. We did have a bit of trouble on the way back from port finding a gas station for the rental car, so that did add about 30 minutes to the trip. Probably some of this will depend if you have early or late seating. We had late seating. By the time that we finished breakfast and left the ship it was about 9:15 when we got to the car. We got to the airport around 10:30. By the time that we turned in our rental car, stood in line at the flight counter, and went through security it was already 12:10. Our flight started boarding at 12:35 for a 1pm flight. I don't think that I will ever book a flight for prior to 1pm. That's just my own opinion. There are just too many small variables that when added together could make you miss your flight.

We have flown a lot since, 9/11. In fact we have flown 3 times this year and I noticed this year it is taking longer and longer to get through all the lines with the new baggage check machine. We live near a small airport and we barely made our flight last month and we arrived 2 hours earlier. I know, they had made major security changes this year. I think, you also should take in consideration what time of the year you are traveling. Is it peak tourism season in Orlando, is it near a holiday, etc???

Good luck on your decision.

On the pro side, we're on early seating and using Disney buses, on the con side I think it's probably spring break week for many (winding up 4/24). Still pondering....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter