Restaurants

jelly-beans

Mouseketeer
Several posts and threads have dealt with this topic so I apologize for the repetition but I thought it would be more helpful if I asked directly. I will be at HRH from 4/22 thru 4/26. I will be travelling in a party of 2 adults (myself and my fiance). We like to eat dinner pretty late, usually 9 or 10 pm (or even later). Will this be a problem? I know some of the resaturants can get awfully crowded but we don't need to eat at Emerils (I tried Emerils in Vegas and it was only so so). Should I try and make reservations ahead of time or will we be OK just walking up to a nice place at Citywalk? Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

jb

If you are going to eat on Friday or Saturday, I would try to make reservations. You get first available table if you are staying on site, but you may still have a 1 - 1 1/2 hour wait. I don't think you can make reservations ahead of time. Check with the HRH Concerige desk.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

Click HERE for interesting Universal Orlando information!

The only restaurant that would take a reservation while I was there last week was Margaritavilles or Emerils. All others were hope for the best with priority seating. We are family that planned to eat around 5 p.m. and spend each evening in parks. This worked great for us, never had a wait at any restaurant. I had made ressies at Margaritaville's. There would definitely have been a wait here.
We left Orlando today, as my kid's vacation was this week, not next. I would guess that you would be able to walk right in to dine at that late hour since most people will have already had dinner. City Walk restaurants were all great! Have fun.

In my experience, your dining choices drop off sharply after 10. Margaritaville serves a "grazing" menu. If Pat O'Brien's is serving late that's probably your best bet for really good food.

Also, Hard Rock Cafe will keep the kitchen open late if there are crowds. That would also be a good choice for late dining.

Otherwise, Orlando is pretty much of an early closing town. if you can force yourself to have dinner at nine, you should be able to go just about anywhere in CityWalk, but reservations would be a good idea.

Kelly Monaghan
Author of "Universal Orlando: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure" and
"The Other Orlando: What To Do When You've Done Disney & Universal""

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest