Restaurants on I-Drive around Convention Center?

leahcar

Earning My Ears
We're staying at the Westin Imagine this weekend and doing Seaworld. Any tips on cheap, family friendly restaurants in the area?

There are not too many right near the OCCC complex, because it is enormous and takes up both sides of I-Drive. The only restaurants really within walking distance of it, IMO, are the ones inside the Rosen and Peabody hotels.

Your best bets for affordable food in the area are going to be off of Hawaiian Ct. or Westwood Drive they are about 1 and 3 miles south of the OCCC, respectively.

There is a Miller's Ale House n of the convention center we really like....very family friendly. Also up futher n on the opposite side of the street is a Sweet Tomatoes. Bahama Breeze is a little more upscale but can still be affordable esp at lunch and is family friendly. Tons of the usual chains are there, also.

:banana:

A Joe's Crab Shack just opened up pretty recently just south of Sand Lake rd on I-Drive,next to it is a Pizzeria Uno,there are restaurants all over up and down I-Drive.Another area that's just full of places is Sand Lake rd on the other side of I-4 this area is known as restaurant row for the amount of restaurants in the area,everything from fine upscale dining to fast casual.We love Chipotle and went to eat at one in this area and right next to it was a sandwich place called WhichWich that I had never heard of before so we tried it and they were great,anybody who loves Earl if Sandwich in DTD has to live this place.You walk in and they have 11 sandwich bags with different categories like beef,seafood,comfort,italian etc..Each bag has about 5 sandwich options,they give you a marker to fill out what sandwich you want,size,bread and ingredients in the sandwich,you give the cashier the bags,pay and wait for your sandwiches with your name printed in the bottom if each bag.I was also amazed how big they were,I got the medium one and it was about 3 inches longer than a regular footlong sub anywhere else.In the same shopping center there's also a Toojays Deli for a traditional NY deli type place,I had eaten at one of these before so I went for WhichWich.If you want to go a little north on I-Drive try Sweet Tomatoes on Kirkman,Cracker Barrel on the other side of Universal in Kirkman and Fuddruckers in Festival Bay near the Orlando Premium outlets I-Drive location.

For cheap AND family friendly you've got the standards close by the OCCC....Denny's, Bob Evans, Village Inn. Ale House is a local favorite with big portions at a good price. Just about everything in the convention center area is family friendly and some of the more moderately priced places are Bahama Breeze, Houlihan's, Johnny Rocket's, and Adobe Gila's.

I purchased the Orlando Kids Eat Free Card. I'll be trying it for the first time next week. Places included are Houlihan's, Johnny Rockets, etc... might help you save some $$ too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter