Restaurants OFF of Disney property?

bangzoom6877

DIS Veteran
If you were staying on Disney property but wanted to dine outside of the property, where would you go?

I guess what I really need to know is, are there many restaurants within a 15-20 minute drive of WDW property, that are reasonably priced? Reasonably priced to us would be $40-50 for a dinner for 2 adults and 2 small kids, or less if possible of course! Or even Cici's pizza, Shoney's or a place like that because I know those are cheap and kid-friendly.

So what are some of your favorite places to eat that are not too far away from WDW?

There's Olive Garden, Chevy's, Golden Corral, Chick Fil A, Panera, Denny's, and more on 535, which is about a 5 minute drive from DTD. I highlighted my favorites.

There's a lot on 192 as well. I can only remember the Ruby Tuesdays though, but it was yum.

Banzoom6877, One this same page is a really good thread and I think it's called something like Best off property restaurants 2007/2008. There's a lot of information there!!:thumbsup2

They just opened a Fudrucker's that I haven't tried yet and the Flippers pizzas are great. Both just opened by Gooding's in the Crossroads area on 535 right across from the exit to DTD/Hotel Row area.

There is a Buffalo Wild Wings, Chevy's, Chili's, Joes' Crab Shack and a few others on 535. Down Vineland there is an Outback. We ate there a bit because my girls love their mac and cheese :lmao:

Thank you everyone!

I will definitely check out the 2007/2008 restaurant thread as well.

We are 90% sure we will buy a DVC resale next Spring so we can go every other year to WDW (kids are 3 and 1 so we would have many years to take advantage). For now the Disney Dining Plan works for us because they are little, and we would be on WDW property all or most of the trip. But in years to come when we go to Universal and other places, and when the DDP will cost more for them, it is nice to know there are plenty of good but reasonably priced restaurants to eat!

Has anyone stayed on Disney property and actually taken advantage of more off-site restaurants than on-site? I know it is so much easier to just eat on property, especially staying at Boardwalk Villas on each trip (tons of restaurants in the area!!), but for money purposes we may have to eat elsewhere for a few meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter