Restaurants for large group

glencoe

DIS Veteran
We will have a group of 13 mixed adults and kids. Anyway we want to get a meal together a couple of times for our group.

My sister tried at 50's prime time and they said they can't guarantee we would be sitting near each other-does anyone know of any places that can accomodate our crown and let us be near each other?

glencoe said:
We will have a group of 13 mixed adults and kids. Anyway we want to get a meal together a couple of times for our group.

My sister tried at 50's prime time and they said they can't guarantee we would be sitting near each other-does anyone know of any places that can accomodate our crown and let us be near each other?

When we have gone with my extended family in the past, we were always at one table or two tables right next to each other. In 2002, there were 15 of us, we had one large table at LeCellier and MM. At CM, CP, WCC, HDMR we had two tables next to one another. That is all I could remember at the top of my head. However, it was not a problem. Actually, if the smaller table was for four, my DH and I grabbed it so we could sit with our children by ourselves so they could get a break from their cousins.

When those ADR's were made (PS 's back then), we were always told that they could not guarantee that we would all be together. We always were.

Have a great trip and do not worry about it--it will work out just fine. Next trip, there will be 10 of us in total and I am not worried about it.

the advice to try grand gatherings may help.. didn't do much good for me, as we got split up a few times, even after we made extra early or late ADR's to help be closer. O'hana's and chef mickey's are 2 that come to mind as being able to sit close. have fun!

Are you saying that you booked a special party through Grand Gatherings and they still broke your group up? I hope you got your money back, if that was the case.

We went with a group of 16 in '04 and are going back with a group of approx. the same size this year in Sept./Oct. We ate at 50's PTC and had 2 tables right next to each other. I've booked it again this year as well. Here's a list of where we ate and where we have booked this time if it helps:
CM: all sat together
LTT:2 tables next to each other
50's PTC:2 tables next to each other
Garden Grill: we did the Ice Cream Social which they don't have anymore, but we had about 4 tables I think, all next to each other.
H&V: for the FDP, 2 tables next to each other.

For this trip I have booked:
HDDR: the cm told me we were at a large table together
O'Hana
50's PTC
Sci-Fi
LTT
LeCellier
Mama Melrose's
Whispering Canyon
Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki

Hope this helps, don't worry if they say you won't be together, they have to say that to cover themselves just in case. Chances are, if you're not all at one table, you'll have 2 together. Have a great trip!

bicker said:
Are you saying that you booked a special party through Grand Gatherings and they still broke your group up? I hope you got your money back, if that was the case.
if you are asking me... i booked certain things through grand gatherings and other things through the regular dining line. it wasn't a 'special party', that choice wasn't offered to me... unfortunately for us, that last trip was one mess up after another... between the hotel splitting off one room, to a handicapped accessible room with only a king bed with 3 people in the room, to separating us at tables, not next to each other but across the room! they lost our ticket orders, which were pre-paid. the list went on and on. very frustrating, and not very magical... hopefully out next trip (just 7 days to go!) will run smoother!

that choice wasn't offered to me
Yes, it is something that you may have to ask for (and pay for, separately). The Grand Gatherings service offers that.

So what it sounds like is you just booked regular ADRs, without paying any special fee for a special party that would ensure that your group was kept together.

It is a shame about the handicapped room. That is again, luck-of-the-draw. If there aren't enough handicapped guests, and the hotel is full, someone ends up getting those rooms who didn't expect them. That's the chance we all have to take. Sorry you ended up with the short straw that trip.

Last year we had 11 people ranging from 3 years old to 60. While I was on our vacation I called 407-WDW-DINE and explained that we all wanted a meal together, on relatively short notice.
The cast member was really great!!! She looked into several restaurants until she found one for the date & time we had in mind. She kept repeating that she was trying to find a "kid-friendly" place.
We ended up at the Cape May Buffet Clambake, and not one person complained about the food or the atmosphere. There were so many choices of entrees & desserts. Those who didn't care for seafood had roast beef or ribs. There was a kid station with hot dogs and mac & cheese. :thumbsup2
The cast member said we couldn't all fit at one table, but the staff would try to seat us close together. We ended up at two tables lined up horizontally against booth-seating on one side and chairs at the other. Technically it was two tables, but it felt like one long one.
It was one of our best expriences during that trip.

We also have a large group going in June, and we have ADR's for Biergarten. My hope is that since it's big tables that we'll all be together. Has anyone been with a big group there?

There is no "special fee" that you have to pay for a GG planner to book your ADRs, the only fees are for the GG "experiences", like the fireworks voyage or the safari dinner. Since we have more than 10 people, we have to go through group dining (which is GG anyway) and we've never had any problems. Maybe you should try that number if you go again with a large group. It's 407-939-7707.

We will be a party of 10 this Fall. I have booked all our ADR's for parties of 10 and only one was split up.

Would it be worth my time to call back and try the GG planner? If I already have ADR's at places we want should I just leave it? No one mentioned not being able to sit together.

Hmmmmmmmm..

TIA!

If nobody mentioned having to go through group dining I would just leave it. Also, you have to have a GG # in order to book through them. I have had to call and change to add people a lot this time and they have been very helpful. But, with the free dining going on, if you have yours made where you want to eat, I'd go with it. :thumbsup2

We are going in October this year for our wedding, we made 3 reservations as a party of 18 at CRT, 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickeys all of which we were told that we would be seating together. I am sure you will have no problems

OurMsBrooks said:
We also have a large group going in June, and we have ADR's for Biergarten. My hope is that since it's big tables that we'll all be together. Has anyone been with a big group there?

Yes, we ate there twice with large parties and were all seated at the same table.

I couldn't imagine them separating a large party at Biergarten, if anyplace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter