Restaurant recommendation

chimo2u

DIS Veteran
Hi! our trip is fast approaching in 17 days! Getting excited, we will be staying at the GCH. So far we have booked, Steakhouse 55, on our arrival night, WOC Dessert party/ no dinner reservation Tuesday Sept 3, Wednesday the 4th Wine country Trattoria , Thursday Sept 5 Ralph Brennans Kitchen (rethinking this one). and lastly, our final night booked for F! premium dining pkg at River Belle. What restaurant would you recommend me switching for Ralph Brennans?? Some I am considering are: Blue Bayou, Lamplighter Lounge, Craftsman Grill …. I am most likely paying for all 4 of us (adults) so was hopeful to not have something overly pricey, but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I LOVED the food and casualness of the Craftsman Grill... it was an easy but nice escape from the bustle of the park. Also the pizzas are big, easily sharable by 2-3 people depending on appetite.

I recommend Cafe Orleans if you want a less expensive taste of Blue Bayou. It's never disappointed me! They have the exact same Monte Cristo.

I LOVE Blue Bayou (the food is good and the atmosphere is to die for), however, why cancel Ralph Brennan's? DH and I went there on our last Disneyland trip and had a wonderful meal.
I just was discouraged by a review given by someone earlier today who is in the parks now, they stated they where very disappointed in their meal at RB this trip.

Of the ones you listed, I think the Lamplight Lounge is fun for food, drinks, and general atmosphere. The view on the patio area is beautiful! However, my recommendation is with slight hesitation because there were things I didn't like. The lounge furniture was cool in theory, but problematic. The couches were uncomfortable for dining, and surprisingly dingy for being such a new restaurant. The tables were pretty low, and they had what I guess is a fire pit in the center. If that's what they were, they weren't lit during the day. Again, cool, but you are oddly far from your family/friends.

Now, because all senses leave me when I go to DL, I have to say, I would recommend Carthay Circle and Napa Rose in a heartbeat. There you will find the tastiest food, beautiful environment, top-notch service. I feel like a broken record, but if you go to Blue Bayou, know that you are paying for atmosphere. If you find the food reasonably ok, consider yourself lucky. You should go knowing that you will be paying top dollar for mediocre food at best. The Jazz Kitchen was on our list, I remember having good food and fun times in the piano room. But the last meal we had was such a disappointment (BB level), I don't think we'll be returning for a long while. At least they have the Express spot for beignets.

I recommend Cafe Orleans if you want a less expensive taste of Blue Bayou. It's never disappointed me! They have the exact same Monte Cristo.
Thanks! While I admit the monte cristo does not appeal to me at all, there could be other things on the menu that do , I will look into it :)

Thanks! While I admit the monte cristo does not appeal to me at all, there could be other things on the menu that do , I will look into it :)

Well, the parmesan garlic fries should be worth a try too. They are delicious!

Thanks for the replies! I decided to have some fun and book splitsville for dinner, maybe we will feel like taking in a game of bowling too...we shall see, but the food gets great reviews, so we will try it :)

RB Jazz Kicten is actually one of my favorites in DTD, that is often all we can book and usually leave pleasantly happy.

I will throw another option out there...rather that Craftsman Grill which is just quick serve like WWS was...consider the Craftsman Poolside Bar. Food there is great and nice relaxed vibe being outside poolside.

Never impressed with Splitsville...just a WAY overpriced Applebees with bowling IMO.

RB Jazz Kicten is actually one of my favorites in DTD, that is often all we can book and usually leave pleasantly happy.

I will throw another option out there...rather that Craftsman Grill which is just quick serve like WWS was...consider the Craftsman
Poolside Bar. Food there is great and nice relaxed vibe being outside poolside.

Never impressed with Splitsville...just a WAY overpriced Applebees with bowling IMO.

Thanks for your thoughts, is craftsman’s poolside bar a restaurant? Or is it just food ordered when you’re by the pool to eat at your lounge chair? Sad to hear you didn’t like splitsville. Maybe I should consider Lamplighter lounge instead?

We ate at RB Jazz Kitchen, Blue Bayou and Lamplight Lounge, so had a night at Morton's and went over to the Packing District one night. I had a group of 15 at Jazz Kitchen, sat up stairs overlooking the walkway below. Food was very good, servers were outstanding and top of refills, great suggestions and the food was very good. My staff team, volunteers and my own family all said they enjoyed it. I think the most memorable was Blue Bayou, but that was because my now 21 year old son had not been there since he was 5, he had a blast - very fun when you see a 21yo young man that excited.

Thanks for your thoughts, is craftsman’s poolside bar a restaurant?

There are bar tables, counter tables, a few regular tables and a few lounge style seating options but it is full service food with wait staff. It overlooks the pool (and is accessible from he pool) but is separate from the poolside lounge chairs. Very cool vibe and since it is still new, very low key and relaxed atmosphere.

We have a chance at Club 33 through my husband’s work for my birthday lunch, but we won’t know till shortly before we leave, because if an important client needs to be schmoozed, he gets bumped. So as a backup I booked Catal in DTD. The reviews are really good, Mediterranean, small plates, great wine list, etc. So I’ll report back on that one in September!

Thanks for the replies! I decided to have some fun and book splitsville for dinner, maybe we will feel like taking in a game of bowling too...we shall see, but the food gets great reviews, so we will try it :)

During our last trip a year ago, we actually went to Splitsville twice, lol... if you like sushi, their sushi rolls are REALLY good! It got to where I was actually craving what I had the first time and got it to go, to take up to my room at GCH to eat casually and relax. Fiancé got a burger, and he liked that too... it’s a fun place to hang out and eat/get a drink or two... I didn’t bowl, but it sure looked like people were having fun.
We met a friend for dinner at Naples, and that also was a pretty good meal, if you like Italian food. Prices were pretty typical there...
Lamplighter was good, a little pricey for what you get, but I had to get the lobster nachos. :love: My upcoming trip, I’m determined to try the yummy looking lobster quesadilla at Craftsman Bar, it looked awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter