Restaurant reccos needed!

musika

Everybody wants to be a cat.
My kiddo turns 11 on Saturday at Universal :) They have already requested Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks for earlier in the day; however, looking for a special-ish option for birthday dinner. We are staying at Portofino. Realistically these kids are likely going to stick to the kids menu and are not adventurous eaters, so anywhere you'd recommend in Citywalk/PB/Parks for a fun birthday atmosphere?

My kiddo turns 11 on Saturday at Universal :) They have already requested Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks for earlier in the day; however, looking for a special-ish option for birthday dinner. We are staying at Portofino. Realistically these kids are likely going to stick to the kids menu and are not adventurous eaters, so anywhere you'd recommend in Citywalk/PB/Parks for a fun birthday atmosphere?
Toothsome gets mixed reviews but I think your kiddo will enjoy the atmosphere with roaming characters: Jacques and Penelope. They have fun over the top milkshakes and sundaes. 3 people or so can easily share one of their sundaes. However sometimes it’s tricky to get a last minute reservation as it gets booked there. Try for lunch time or mid-afternoon if interested there. There are so many great restaurants in Citywalk and at the hotels. I’m just putting myself in the shoes of an 11 year old 😃

If you choose in-park, Mythos atmosphere is great and many seats have a park view.

CityWalk has some awesome options.

My family and I have personally loved BigFire, Antojitos, and Finnegans (tho the latter can attract a bar crowd).

I also think for all 11 year old Cowfish and Toothsome would have been right up my alley!

@wdwrule - The day is greyed out - does that mean they're not taking reservations that day or that it's full?

Lombard's is kind of the "fancy restaurant" in-park. It gets some so-so reviews, but we had a great meal, and it's conveniently placed right outside Diagon Alley

@wdwrule - The day is greyed out - does that mean they're not taking reservations that day or that it's full?
Most likely yes. Toothsome is the one restaurant that gets booked weeks sometimes months prior.
Sal's at PB has great pizza so for an 11 year old that might be a good option and then some gelato.
In citywalk I'd say cowfish, NBC sports grill if they are into sports, Vivo is also good for Italian and pizza.
Most folks go crazy for Voodoo donuts although personally I don't think they are all that great.

My kids are 16 and 13 now but were 14 and 11 our last Universal trip. They liked the atmosphere at Antijitos. My younger son saw my wife and I drinking margaritas and was asking about them, so the waiter brought him a water with some salt on the rim. He thought that was awesome.

Maybe not the best choice for a birthday, although they would make a fuss, but Confisco Grille has an area at the entrance that has many items from each land in UOR you can recognise, you have to look up as they are all displayed there.

The food is good too, it`s much better than Mythos in IOA, but does get overlooked as most folks just pass it by.

Don`t discount Margaritaville in Citywalk as an option, food is decent and they have a fabulous atmosphere and they will celebrate a birthday!!

We don`t rate Toothsome at all, more show than actual quality, same with Bubba Gump.

I'd suggest the dueling pianos at Pat O'Briens as another option - however it looks like they're also booked up for Sat.

NBC is really good, but it's your basic kid-friendly sports bar atmosphere. Cowfish also & has more of a "theme" - if nice out, you can sit on their upstairs balcony & watch City Walk. Cowfish also has the fancy milkshakes, haven't tried one so can't vouch for it though.

I recommend Cowfish - food is consistently excellent and they have a lot of options for all ages and tastes. My sister tried one of their milkshakes and said it was WAY better than Toothsome. The milkshakes at Toothsome aren't really that good. They're mostly for show (i.e. Instagram/social media) rather than them being good quality ice cream.

I've also heard great things about Bigfire and Antijitos.

I've eaten at a Margaritaville location before (not in Citywalk but elsewhere) and it's a solid option as well. I would rank it better than Bubba Gump and maybe Hard Rock. Those nachos are really good.

Yes most likely full but you can keep checking as cancellations occur. There are many other great alternative options and you can cancel without penalty.

My teen grandchildren always choose Cowfish and makes me happy to find a place we all agree on .
Their French fries are so good … and hamburgers and sushi .
And sitting outdoor balcony to watch the crowds below.
Youmight want to check out the nearby HollyWood Miniature Golf.
Even I had fun playing . They have 2 different themed sides
located next to the AMC Theatre .

I'd suggest the dueling pianos at Pat O'Briens as another option - however it looks like they're also booked up for Sat.

NBC is really good, but it's your basic kid-friendly sports bar atmosphere. Cowfish also & has more of a "theme" - if nice out, you can sit on their upstairs balcony & watch City Walk. Cowfish also has the fancy milkshakes, haven't tried one so can't vouch for it though.

Cowfish are so much better than Toothsome!

It`s been too many years since we visited Pat O`Briens, we need to go back!!

It`s been too many years since we visited Pat O`Briens, we need to go back!!
We finally went on our last trip and were pleasantly surprised by both how tasty the food was, and the fun nature of the dueling pianos. It was our arrival dinner after an evening flight, and was a great way to start a vacation!

I also love to take my grandchildren to the former Red Coconut Club .
Universal is excellent at bringing this location back to life with retheming to match their “events”
You can google to find Dead Coconut Club (Halloween)
Red & Green CoconutClub Holidays
and now for Mardi Gras … Cursed Coconut Club.
Interior is completely redesigned and has upper level balcony.
Very fun and child friendly when they first open .Schedule is maybe Thursday Friday Saturday 5:30 -
I plan to go this weekend To check it out ! But I already know it will be fun !

I also love to take my grandchildren to the former Red Coconut Club .
Universal is excellent at bringing this location back to life with retheming to match their “events”
You can google to find Dead Coconut Club (Halloween)
Red & Green CoconutClub Holidays
and now for Mardi Gras … Cursed Coconut Club.
Interior is completely redesigned and has upper level balcony.
Very fun and child friendly when they first open .Schedule is maybe Thursday Friday Saturday 5:30 -
I plan to go this weekend To check it out ! But I already know it will be fun !
This is a super fun spot. No food though but great atmosphere!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter