Restaurant on the canal

slmarkert

Wishin' I was cruisin'
Qualifier: I did a search, but didn't see anything recent, so if this question has been asked recently, I apologize...

We're sailing on the Dream 10/16/11 and have friends sailing with us. It's our second cruise, their first. I can't remember which restaurant we went to the night before our last cruise :confused:, but do remember what a great start to the cruise it was to watch the Magic leave port on Saturday evening. So...I have a couple of questions:

1. Restaurant recommendations on the canal? Rusty's, Fishlips, Grills, others????

2. Do any of them take reservations to sit right on the canal?

3. If not, recommendations on how early to arrive at the restaurant to get a good seat to watch the ships leave?

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated :love:

Of the restaurants you mentioned, we're partial to Grills. I'm sure all are good.

Grills has an outside porch along the water and seating is first come, first served. The seating area directly inside the porch is all glass and is a good viewing area as well. The hostess will seat you inside and you'll get a beeper to wait if it's crowded. Not sure about reservations but don't think so. They have outside seating at the Tiki Bar as well.

We drive over every once in a while to get a bite to eat and watch the ships. Usually arrive around 4:00 as other ships will leave before the Disney at 5:00.

Below is picture Grills so you can get an idea of the outside viewing area. I took this picture from the Disney. Whichever you choose, enjoy.
DSC00042.jpg

We ate at Fishlips last year and enjoyed it. there is outside seating along the water and the inside seating also has great views of the water the windows are all glass.

This is a great post! :thumbsup2 We're sailing on the Dream on Sunday 2/26 but will be staying the night on Saturday 2/25 at the CSI next to the port. We should arrive in PC sometime mid to late morning and are already thinking about doing this for Saturday night dinner as well. All five of us (all adults) just can't wait!:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter