"Restaurant: Impossible"- Food Network

I was watching it and my husband said - I go by that place (a mom and pop type place) on my business trip sometimes.
One of the complaints was the servers mixed up orders.
He said the place looked like the remodel and yes, the server brought him and his partner the wrong food. Guess even a tv show couldn't fix that.
I should say he wanted to finally try the place after seeing it on tv.

Watched it years ago before Robert Irvine had to leave the network. Never started watching it again when he was allowed to return.

Watched it years ago before Robert Irvine had to leave the network. Never started watching it again when he was allowed to return.

I think he was doing 'Dinner Impossible' back when the scandal about his resume broke and caused him to leave the network.

I love RI and was very excited that it came back. I don't like the revisit shows as much, but still, I'm glad to have the show back.

I love the show but it makes me wonder how I will ever eat in a restaurant again. Why did he have to leave the network?

dh and i were sad to see a restaurant we loved in our former home area on an early season. after we moved the parents wanted the sons to take over and i guess it became horrific. just read an update and while they saw improvement after the show aired it couldn't save them (and the regulars that had kept them afloat during the lean times pre show dropped off after the show b/c of all the decades old beloved family recipes that were deemed to be eliminated on the show).

I love the show but it makes me wonder how I will ever eat in a restaurant again. Why did he have to leave the network?

IIRC (too lazy to Google all the details) - there was a controversy about Irvine's bio that he gave for the opening of his show - which went on about being in the military, cooking for royalty, etc., etc. A lot of it was over-exaggerated at best and lies at worst.

Any other fans ? It's funny - first time we saw it just happened to be in our room at POP- Now obsessed !

Not about R:I, but we had the same experience with That 70's Show on our 1st family WDW trip, in 2004. We'd never seen the show before but started watching it after we got back from the parks at night. We became big fans.

According to my DH, if I ever stepped foot in a restaurant kitchen, I'd never eat out again. :scared: :crazy2: :scared1: I try not to think about it when I'm eating out. :rotfl:

IIRC (too lazy to Google all the details) - there was a controversy about Irvine's bio that he gave for the opening of his show - which went on about being in the military, cooking for royalty, etc., etc. A lot of it was over-exaggerated at best and lies at worst.

You mean Irvine didn't bake a cake for Di's wedding, didn't receive a castle from QE and isn't a knight?

Awww nuts.
According to my DH, if I ever stepped foot in a restaurant kitchen, I'd never eat out again. :scared: :crazy2: :scared1: I try not to think about it when I'm eating out. :rotfl:

Depends on the restaurant. Most of the ones on these shows it looks like they might wipe the top of the counter down, but that's about it. Grease and grime are allowed to accumulate, Weekly, Monthly, and maintenance items are frequently let go which in turn affects everything else. Food handling is also a huge problem in many of the places on the show. I make note of which places end up on these shows because I figure one week of boot camp and cleaning and new equipment isn't going to change months of neglect and in a few months it will be back to what it was. A dirty mess where they will be lucky not to kill someone.

I think I've seen maybe one or two shows where the food was good and things were kept clean. There was one where it turned out all the restaurant needed was a dinner serving.

Last edited:
You mean Irvine didn't bake a cake for Di's wedding, didn't receive a castle from QE and isn't a knight?

Awww nuts.

Depends on the restaurant. Most of the ones on these shows it looks like they might wipe the top of the counter down, but that's about it. Grease and grime are allowed to accumulate, Weekly, Monthly, and maintenance items are frequently let go which in turn affects everything else. Food handling is also a huge problem in many of the places on the show. I make note of which places end up on these shows because I figure one week of boot camp and cleaning and new equipment isn't going to change months of neglect and in a few months it will be back to what it was. A dirty mess where they will be lucky not to kill someone.

I think I've seen maybe one or two shows where the food was good and things were kept clean. There was one where it turned out all the restaurant needed was a dinner serving.

Yeah, in a lot of cases they are people who just should not be running a restaurant and they won't suddenly change their ways. In some cases there are successes and sometimes it's just a little dirty or there are staffing issues. The ones where it is a total nightmare of filth though I don't tend to trust them to get it together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter