restaurant help

dmen

Mouseketeer
hi!
will be going to universal in early december and staying at the rph for 3 nights (and 6 nights in disney). need help deciding on restaurants. are there as many good restaurants at universal as disney? we could have 2 dinners in universal (eating an extra dinner in disney where i know there tons of restaurants i want to try) or 3 dinners in universal. the only universal restaurant i've tried before was the delfino riviera in pbh. it was very nice. it is just me and hubby and we prefer relaxing, sit-down restaurants where quality and service are important. can any of you recommend places we might like???? thank you!

If you want nice, quiet and relaxing Mythos is really good it's in IOA. If you want a little entertainment with that meal ;) try out Margartiville in City Walk. Your boat will drop you there anyways. I'd like to hear others share as well. We are going back just hubby and I in a few weeks and we did'nt get to to a nice sit down meal at US I wanted to try the Oak Tree (?) right past Mythos hear many say it was good. But what about US any recommendations on a sit down meal there? We tried counter service at the bakeries in both parks and come up feeling cheated. We found the world's best funnel cakes at IOA just past the Port of Entry on the left nx to Cinnabon shop. To DIE for!! Any tips on counter service's not to pass up for snacks at US? How did you like Defino at PBH? I'm thinking of trying there too. How was the dress? And the food? How would you rate pricing? Believe it or not we just returned from PBH last weekend and we did'nt get that far.LOL

Partyofsix,

Thank you for your ideas! What kind of food is Mythos?

We did like Delfino Riviera a lot, but it was almost 2 years ago we were there. If I remember correctly, they requested men to wear just jackets (no ties) but I could be wrong so I would check that out. The food was very good Italian, pretty upscale. And they had strolling musicians. The restaurant too was really beautiful. I remember thinking it was on the expensive side, like Flying Fish or California Grill--maybe even slightly more. But I like I said, it was awhile ago and my memory might be failing me. But if you really want a romantic meal for just the two of you, I thought it was very romantic. I would definitely return there. But since we rarely are at Universal thought if there were other good places to try, we should. If we were spending more time, I'd definitely go back. Heck, we might still go back! Thanks again. Oh and have a great time when you return!

If you can only do two at Universal, I'd pick Defino Riviera again it's outstanding! And Mythos. Yes, I think Delfino is probably a bit more expensive then Flying Fish (my fav restaurant) or Cal Grill but not as expensive as Victoria & Alberts.

Another BIG vote for Mythos. Wonderful, creative food and great service. Save room for dessert!

Mythos, well I was great. I had the lobster bisque/corn bisque. It was excellent. We had apptizers, my dh had plantanes(sp?) that were wonderful. He had a hugh Gyro of some sort. He really liked it. I had grilled chicken ceasar. We sat out in the patio area so i could check out the hulk ride and it was cool out there after an evening shower. The atmosphere and service was wonderful. If you have to have a Jacket then Defino will be out, I doubt the hubby will do a Jacket on vacation.LOL

Originally posted by PartyofSix
If you have to have a Jacket then Defino will be out, I doubt the hubby will do a Jacket on vacation.LOL

I doubt you have to have a jacket because my DH would have never brought one with him on a theme park vacation.

I suggest Emeril's at City Walk. We go to WDW often and like you, we now plan our trip around dining. :) We have tried most of the nicer rests. at WDW. I would rate the food at Emeril's as better than that at any of the WDW rests. we've tried. IMHO, it's the best food I've eaten in Orlando. The atmosphere, however, is not as quiet as AP and CG. But I can't think of 9 rests. at WDW that are. ;) It is on the same noise level as FF. IMO, it's worth dealing with a little noise to indulge in the mouth watering food. We haven't been to Univ. in a while, because we're always at WDW, but when we go back later this fall we plan on eating at both of Emeril's rests. I can taste the duck and souffle' already! I hope Tchoup Tchoup doesn't disappoint. I'll be surprised if it does.

My favorite picks for lunch
NBA City (we never used to go here because we judged the place on its appearance outside, but the food is great here. probably the best meal and dessert we had in Universal)
Margaritaville
or Mythos

For dinner I would suggest
The Palm at HRH
Emril's
Mama Dellas (I believe this was the name, it is the other major restaurant at PBH)

Wow! Thank you all for the great ideas. So for dinner, I will look at

-Delfino Riviera
-Mythos
-Emeril's
-The Palm
-Mama Della's

And for lunch, I will consider

-Margaritaville
-NBA City (I don't know about this one, sounds a little too sporty for me, but I bet hubby would love it!)

Isn't there anything at RPH???? I would have thought they'd put a nice restaurant there!

Thank you all again! Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter