Restaurant for Reception?

nicolej92

Mouseketeer
I keep going back and forth with ideas with my fiancé as we are still almost 2 years out for our date.

If we do a restaurant on Disney property as our reception for a Mini-Wishes are we still subject to Disney's menu for weddings or would we pay the restaurant cost per person? I am trying to have a low cost reception, which Swan and Dolphin gives us, but we hate that they won't secure our date until 12 months out while Disney allows for 18 months. We really want Randy Chapman as our photographer, but I don't want to secure him without an official date.

Whether you do a full-price Wishes event or take advantage of the "mini" Wishes discount, you have to pay Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings' minimum expenditures, which are the ceremony fee, the per-person food and beverage minimums and the Enhancement Fee. You are using the restaurant when it it closed, for a catered event. The only way to pay normal restaurant prices is to book a reservation during regular business hours. But you can't do any type of Wishes event without paying for a reception.

This episode of the Disney Wedding Podcast might help: http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2015/07/22/how-to-have-a-wishes-wedding-for-the-minimum-expenditure/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter